About the role
Crown Agents is seeking a Deputy Team Leader in Yemen or Jordan to support a Humanitarian project.
Background and Objective for Project
GPSY is a UK funded programme that will contribute to supporting both the conditions needed for peace as well as laying the foundations for a more stable Yemen through a flexible response mechanism closely aligned to community level needs to allow entry for sectoral service delivery support.
The GPSY is designed to be an ambitious and innovative governance, peace and stability focused programme which builds on the UK’s stabilisation experience and aims to support in three primary ways:
- By providing a flexible, adaptive and responsive platform to rapidly design and deliver projects that reflect Yemen’s political and security context.
- Act as a catalyst to drive donor coordination and co-operation linking to humanitarian-development-peace-nexus.
- Act as a repository library for all donors combined programme learning, research and analysis.
Scope of Activities and Tasks
The Deputy Team Leader will be responsible for technical oversight of the programme, external representation and personnel management and team coordination.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the technical delivery of the GPSY meets the required standards.
- Oversee all technical issues brought up by implementing partners.
- Update/review the project’s workplan and logframe as needed.
- Conduct quality assurance of key reports as specified in the Project’s terms of reference
- Represent GPSY at client, donor, steering committee meetings and other ad-hoc meetings. Support clear coordination between technical and operational team.
- Escalate risks and flag delays in outputs.
- Deputise for Team Leader when needed.
Deputy Team Leader will be a full-time post. Expected duration is two years from contract start date.
Deputy Team Leader will be based in either Jordan or Yemen with frequent travel to field locations in Yemen.
· Professional diploma or university degree in HR, Finance, Accounting or Business administration
· Excellent oral and writing skills in English
· Arabic language is desirable.
· Minimum 5 – 10 years of relevant experience.
· Previous experience of working in Yemen or protracted crises environments.
· Experience working with UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) or other international donors.
· Knowledge of Financial reporting and knowledge of donor guidelines (preferable);
· Organized, flexible, proactive, autonomous, excellent attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality and good interpersonal skills.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.