Human Resources Officer, Amman
Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
Office: UNICEF MENA RO Amman
Closing date: Saturday, 12 August 2017
Position type: Fixed Term Staff
Department/Office: Amman, Jordan
Categories: Human Resources, NO-2
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Purpose of the job:
Under the supervision of the HR Specialist, manage all human resource activities in the small-medium size country office in accordance with the HR work plan, consistent with the Country Programme Management Plan.
How can you make a difference?
1. Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff in the office.
2. Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the office.
3. Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
4. Implement and administer the equitable, transparent and efficient GS job classification system in compliance with the established classification policy, guidelines, procedures and related requirements.
5. Conduct timely and effective training programmes and briefing on career management to all staff in the office in order to support the capacity building and career development of all staff.
6. Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve and resolve the issues. Provide administrative support to the staff-management bodies in the capacity of HR focal point in the office.
7. Provides technical analysis and support to the management and planning process in the office as it relates to budget planning, staffing, organization design and other HR planning and development deliberations.
Capacity BuildingCareer DevelopmentEnglish LanguageHuman ResourcesInternational RelationsPerformance ManagementProgramme ManagementSocial SciencesTraining ProgrammesTransparency
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: University degree in social sciences or other relevant disciplines (human resources, business administration, international relations, psychology, etc). Additional professional training an advantage.
Experience: Two years of relevant professional work experience mainly managing and coordinating human resources activities is required.
Language Requirement: Fluency in Arabic & English languages is required.
UN experience is highly desirable.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required)
Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
Planning and Organizing [I]
Relating and Networking [I]
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Advertised: Jul 26 2017 Jordan Daylight Time
Application close: Aug 12 2017 Jordan Daylight Time