مطلوب موظف للعمل في البنك الاسلامي للتنمية
To Lead all tasks related to project development and implementation, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring, for all types of investment instruments offered by the Bank. Expected to take responsibility for effective leadership of project teams, supervision of junior staff, while contributing to their coaching and providing mentoring assistance, as required. In addition, lead the assigned new investment and financing focus of the Division, deal with the sponsors and other MDBs and IFIs to develop financing proposals, review potential infrastructure deals in member countries for IsDB support, conduct and oversee due diligence of the whole project design covering the financial modelling, technical issues and terms and conditions for IsDB’s engagement.
Strategic & Operational Planning:
• Lead the development and implement framework and guidelines for the investment function of the PPP division.
• Lead the dialogue with stakeholders to address challenges faced by the unit.
• Ensure that investment unit complies with Bank’s strategy and policies and best investment management practices.
• Actively support and manage transactions with higher complexity.
• Ensure that all transactions within his/her responsibility are completed within the specified time frames to a high standard.
Policies, Processes and Procedures:
• Ensure that all transactions within his/her responsibility are completed within the specified time frames to a high standard and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
• Lead the Division interaction with other divisions and departments to ensure compliance in all aspects of working.
Business and Partnership Development:
• Lead the marketing and business development efforts in the relevant sector and countries to build reputable market contacts in order to develop a broad deal flow and cross selling of the Bank’s competencies
• Provide guidance on transaction pipeline of potential projects for IsDB financing and to ensure that sector and geographic concentrations limits are adhered to.
• Coordinate with development partners and private sector financiers to ensure best practices are followed in PPP Investment.
PPP Transactions and Line Financing:
• Lead the structuring, appraisal and negotiations process for nonsovereign financing transactions.
• Review due diligence reports prepared by external consultants, develop risk matrix & mitigation strategies, participate in negotiation, prepare documentation etc.
• Review and comment on project documents & contracts.
• Lead the structuring, appraisal and negotiations process as a project team member.
• Create and review financial models and test and apply them for nonsovereign operations.
• Prepare documents and memos for internal and external purposes (for example, Project Concept Note, Mandate Letters, Engagement Letters, RRM, etc.).
• Manage selection of consultants, as required.
• Initiate and manage structuring, appraisal and negotiations of new Lines of Financing.
• Lead the transactions until handover to project finance monitoring team.
• Prior to handover, ensure all relevant data has been entered into the OMS relating to conditions precedents and other terms & conditions for timely disbursements and receipt of fees.
• Review project information and prepare reports (PCN, RRM, etc.) on critical issues for internal discussion.
• Contribute to the management of problem projects, in close coordination with the Portfolio Team and other departments of the Bank.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
• Develop and maintain in depth knowledge of the global economy business conditions and Islamic financial industry to contribute / participate in preparing country and sector strategy.
• Share key knowledge and learning outcomes with the Knowledge Management and Institutional Learning unit in areas related to PPP, including the development of best practices for PPP financed projects.
• Prepare and disseminate briefing notes and information materials on issues of concern related to PPP operations and portfolio.
Reporting and Communication:
• Contribute to the production of sector papers, regional studies, operational reports, etc.
• Review project information and prepare reports on critical issues for internal discussion.
• Contribute to the management of problem projects, in close coordination with other departments of the Bank.
Education, Experience & Certification:
Academic and professional qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or any other related field
• Minimum 10 years of experience in project finance, project advisory, project evaluation
Skills & Necessary Knowledge:
• Ability to adapt to changing business circumstances to maintain effective performance
• Planning & Originating
• Well-developed Negotiation skills
• Project management
• Negotiation skills
• Advance Financial (Balance Sheet) Analysis
• Financial Modeling
• Analytical thinking
• Problem solving
• Passion for excellence
• Effective stakeholder management skills
• Knowledge of Corporate Governance and best practices
• MS Office skills
- English ( Mandatory )
- Arabic ( Preferred )
- French ( Preferred )