مطلوب موظف تخصص حاسوب او هندسة حاسوب لمنظمة دولية
APPLICATIONS SUPPORT OFFICER (BASED IN ANY MSF OCBA HUB)
POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECTED TO FEASIBILITIES
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the Medical Department and Projects & IT.
CONTEXT OF POST
MSF-OCBA is continuously adapting processes and tools to improve efficiency, quality of data and information management. In the framework of the MSF-OCBA Strategic Plan and open knowledge objectives, the organization requires a high-quality support to and evolution of its technical solutions (applications) available for the teams, both in the field and in the headquarters.
This position aims to strengthen the support provided to MSF OCBA to resolve incidents and standard requests of the applications included in the service catalogue. Specifically, this position will deliver a 1st level support mainly but not exclusively in relation to applications deployed to the Operational Departments (OPS, LOG, MED), i.e. with a high eHealth component (DHIS2 as Health Management Information System, Kobo and Solstice as electronic surveying tools, Odoo as Inventory Management or advanced Excel files for different purposes to name the main ones).
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATIONAL CHART
The Applications Support Officer will be placed within the Applications Team (Projects & IT Unit, P&IT). Through this, they will also work closely with:
- The eHealth Manager as functional/hierarchical supervisor.
- The members of the eHealth/Apps4Ops Team for 2nd line support.
- The P&IT Learning Referent.
- Members of the Client Departments (Medical, Logistics and Operational).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
- Provide 1st line support to users of applications within the defined Service Level Objectives:
- Serve as the 1st point of contact for all users seeking technical/functional assistance;
- Correct classification of incident/requests received;
- Perform remote troubleshooting through pertinent questions or diagnostic techniques;
- Determine the best solution on that basis following standard guidelines;
- Re-direct unresolved incident/service requests to 2nd level support;
- Follow-up incident/service requests life cycle maintaining users aware of the progress;
- Absorption of new tasks when a 2nd line incident/request becomes a standard procedure.
- Provide monthly written summaries on applications support (ticket resolution, classification of incidences…) through the selection, maintenance and use of relevant KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
- Maintain up to date configuration of ticketing tool.
- Create a knowledge database easily accessible by the users of the applications.
- Keep organized a list of procedures for resolution of incident/service requests
- Support technical experts to maintain documentation related to the different applications (instructions, manuals, training modules).
- Support technical owners to maintain a list of evolutions/improvements of the existing solutions and to even identify new business and define functional needs.
- Stay up-to-date on latest status of deployed applications.
- Available to participate in training sessions (exceptionally, some of them might require travel to the field).
- Support the deployment of evolutions or new apps leading the communication with end users.
- Exchange with external Application Communities, Groups or external vendors whenever needed to comply with any of the above tasks.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering, or equivalent Technical experience or background
- Experience in providing application and IT support for a diverse, non-technical, geographically dispersed user community
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Fluent English, both oral and written
- Working proficiency in French and Spanish, both oral and written
- Experience in writing user documentation
- Knowledge of tools used as health data systems advantageous (DHIS2, Kobo, Solstice…)
- Experience on ticketing tools: Zendesk, Elixir…
- High command of main O365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams…)
- Experience on administration of Windows systems
- Advanced Excel programming is advantageous
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Stress Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Position based in any MSF OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain office delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi). Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit, etc.).
- Minimum commitment with the position of 3 years.
- Full-time job.
- Annual gross salary: HQ-2B (12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF-OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: immediately.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter:https://careers.msf-applications.org/job-invite/6644/
Closing date: July 31st, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontières, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.