Field Officer – Terms of Reference
Job title: Field Officer
Duty stations: Amman (with travels to Zarqa and Ma’an) – Jordan
Contract period: 6 months
Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, in the aftermath of the first Gulf war, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte Per started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO aims at preventing armed conflicts, protecting human rights and supporting civil society, especially in the Middle East, through humanitarian and development programs, always complementing the local civil society.
In Jordan, UPP has been present since 2004, working in partnership with civil society organizations in projects concerning the reform of family law, health care, psychosocial and legal assistance for refugees, protection and assistance of persons with disabilities and the creation of livelihoods opportunities for Jordanians and refugees.
Since 2011 UPP supports the country in responding to the flow of refugees fleeing the Syrian conflict and is an active member of emergency working groups in the fields of Livelihoods, Education, Protection (Child Protection and SGBV), Health, MHPSS. UPP is also an active member and focal point at the Disability Task Force (DTF).
Since the beginning of the Syrian crisis, UPP has been active in Jordan through support, guidance, protection and assistance programs for Syrian refugee families. During 2019, UPP’s work focused on protection and combating social exclusion, prioritizing mental and physical disability.
Currently, throughout 2020:
“Promoting Vulnerable Women’s Economic and Social Empowerment in Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt” project consortium, funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) and designed to promote the social and economic empowerment of the Syrian refugee and Jordan vulnerable female population.
“Jayeen”, supported by UNOCHA through the Jordanian Humanitarian Fund (JHF) with the aim of tackling social exclusion and supporting persons with disabilities
“Rihlat Amani” (My Journey to safety), funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) to combat gender-based violence and violence against children with disabilities.
“Enaya – Phase Two”, funded by the Waldensian Church, has the objective of contributing to the creation ofdecent and sustainable work opportunities for persons with disabilities belonging to the most marginalized sections of society.
Universal Civil Service Abroad, to promote integration and coexistence between refugee communities (Syrian,Sudanese and Somali), the Jordanian community and other minorities in the Governorate of Amman, and to support persons with mental disorders in the Governorate of Zarqa.
Learn more at: www.unponteper.it
· Support the implementation, coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
· Act as the lead facilitator and coordinator for the Paralympic sport sessions and other project events/activities.
· Capacity building and training of partners’ staff and volunteers on any related administrative and protection related issues
· Coordinate, monitor, and report on volunteer activities or activities contracted to external service providers.
· Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team, partners, project beneficiaries, and other stakeholders to strengthen refugee communities’ interests, involvement, and support networks.
· Monitoring of attendance and absence logs, follow up and keep project files in the archives, assuring all beneficiaries attendance sheets are filled and signed on a daily basis.
· Daily monitoring of all project field related activities.
· Provide weekly and monthly reports to the project manager
· Coordinating with the project finance and admin officer all financial issues related to the local partners
· Supporting the administration with archiving and filing all project related documents
· Adhere to and administer organizational procedures regarding implementation, documentation and reporting of activities and progress under supervision of the Project Manager, the Head of Office and the Head of Mission.
· Conduct Field visits on weekly basis where the projects are being implemented (Amman, Zarqa and Ma’an)
· Support in the preparation and dissemination of information related to gender and protection issues at head office and field levels
· Collect and analyse secondary data related to protection, gender and GBV.
Qualifications of Field Officer
· At least 2 years of related experience performing required tasks, preferably in complex emergency or relief context.
· BA or BS in social work, social sciences, gender studies; or relevant discipline.
· Strong knowledge of protection, as well as child and/or youth development.
· Experience in the region and refugee settings.
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Fluency in English language is an asset.
· Competence with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: [email protected] Please reference: “Field Officer – Jordan” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.