Logistics Specialist and HR Officer, Jordan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
**Please note: Only Jordanian citizens are eligible for this position
The Logistics Specialist will be stationed in Amman, Jordan. This role will be responsible for coordinating administrative and logistic activities for the project. The Logistics Specialist will perform quality control (QC) reviews on data at select steps in the workflow to ensure validity and integrity. This work could include creating graphics, including maps, as directed for contracted deliverables, including Site Visit, Monthly, and Annual Reports. Additionally, the Logistics Specialist with support HR functions which includes but is not limited to managing HR databases, recruiting staff, ensuring employee insurance coverage as well as overseeing the preparation of payroll at the end of each month. This is a full-time position.
- Conduct all procurement related to activities and ensures compliance with USAID, local laws and Tetra Tech/MSI policies and procedures
- Source and monitor vendors’ contractual compliance
- Assist with budget development for new activities and coordinate with teams on delivery of procured goods and services
- Provide logistical, administrative support to teams
- Support project travel and materials delivery
- Provide data management and quality control (QC) support to MSI
- Create Purchase Requisition Forms and Purchase Orders and have them approved by the COP or the designated authority prior to undertaking any purchases
- Obtain competitive bids/quotations for all major and bulk purchases and produce price analysis summary sheet for the approval of the Manager/team member in charge
- Check and control Travel Authorization Forms
- Conduct regular data backups in accordance with MSI policies and procedures
- Conduct regular audits of the database to ensure data quality, accuracy and consistency
- Coordinate with Finance, Transportation, Security, IT and all technical departments on interrelated issues and to ensure requirements are met and issues addressed
- Manage and develop HR databases
- Process and maintain documentation relating to staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, and other
- Support the recruitment of project staff, including interviewing and vetting, as well as onboarding for new employees
- Oversee the preparation of payroll at the end of each month
- Ensure employee insurance coverage
- Support the processing of any claims
- Complete monthly and year-end reports regarding terminations, transfers, and new hires.
- Other operational related duties as assigned by MSI management
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- At least two years of experience in procurement, logistics, grants, administration or finance required
- Demonstrable computer operating skills and experience using MS Office Suite required
- Familiarity with the use of databases for tracking inventory, actions, and reporting required
- Experience working with USAID projects required
- Task oriented and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com