Senior Human Resources Officer
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Officer
Reports to: Human Resources Coordinator
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Scope of Work:
- To work in full coordination with the HR coordinator and provide regular reporting and updates on tasks assigned.
- To work in full cooperation with the HR Team, including the team in the field.
- Conduct weekly visits to the field as per an agreed schedule.
- Process consultants’ invoices and documents in coordination with their line managers and finance team on a timely basis.
- Takes active part in HR meetings when HR coordinator is not available (ex: HR forum) and represent the organization appropriately.
- Ensure proper entry and regular updates of all employees’ information and HR data in the system along with the assigned HR team members.
- Follow up on staff relations and internal investigations as recommended by HR Coordinator.
- To assist in reviewing and issuing PRs, CoSs, and updated job descriptions.
- To assist in providing HR trainings and orientation sessions when required for IMC staff or partners in different locations.
- work on monthly allocation revision, in cooperation with the HR Coordinator and finance department.
- Prepare monthly summary for HR Coordinator by collecting information from the team on: performance evaluation issues, exit interview concerns, turnover rate, and total number of staff.
- To review and confirm that all mandatory trainings for new hires are completed and properly placed on file.
- To review the monthly payroll and ensure accuracy and attention to details.
- To do monthly random checks on new hires files and make sure they are properly done and follow up with the recruitment team on any missing documents.
- Working on the HR system and providing reports and regular updates.
- Doing own filing on time and according to the proper filing system.
- To comply with & enhance the team work spirit in the department and the organization.
- To comply with International Medical Corps internal policies and the local laws.
- Act as backup person during the absence of any HR team member.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Bachelor degree in Administration, Social Sciences or any related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience.
- NGO/INGO background is preferable
- Good knowledge in Jordanian Labor Law
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills
- Team player, well organized, results driven and attentive to details
- Supports diversity, professionalism & interpersonal skills.
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve IMC’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed
Qualified candidates can submit their cv’s to the email [email protected], mentioning the job title in the subject line
Deadline for receiving application is on 26th of March 2019