Senior Human Resources Officer
Purpose of the Position:
The Senior HR Officer will lead a growing HR team to ensure high quality and efficient human resources management at GFP by managing staff recruitment, contracts management, orientation, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, code of conduct compliance, employee engagement and staff care. The position acts as an HR advisor to the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Hold responsibility of full life cycle recruitment for all positions within Jordan and GFP satellite offices in Middle East, Europe and North Africa.
- Devise and deliver a planned HR approach to attracting, developing, inspiring and retaining the right people with the right skills to achieve strategic, high-quality programmatic outcomes.
- Review and approve job position requests, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy, consistency.
- Conduct regular employee orientation sessions and support their personal development needs.
- Participate in budget preparation and provide strategic compensation analysis to drive nationalization strategy and ability to attract high-quality talent.
- Develop and review salary structure; manage annual performance review processes with SMT and other compensation adjustments.
- Escalate code of conduct issues, lead investigations and ensure issues are resolved and appropriate follow-up is carried out.
- Ensure effective communications and conduct regular team building meetings across all departments and support cross departmental relationships and effectiveness.
- Advise supervisors in determining appropriate disciplinary plans of action in a judicious manner. Follow-up disciplinary measures and related employment law matters.
- Act as impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements.
- Develop and manage staff competency identification and development processes across all positions within GFP.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Provide direct support and advise the SMT on staff communications to ensure clear, consistent and transparency in communication.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on career paths and professional development for GFP staff; establish a culture of continuous learning opportunities.
- Ensures compliance to Human Resources Policies and procedures; such as leave and recruitment procedures by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conducting investigations and maintaining Human Resources records.
- Follow up employee training and development.
- Interpreting and advising on Jordan employment law for the employee.
- Initiation of Monthly salaries payroll process.
- Calculations of Monthly salaries, Social Security and Tax department
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum, in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in Human Resources Management; of which 4 years of international experience.
- Strong knowledge of HR international best practices and Jordanian Labor laws.
- Excellent spoken and written English, and in particular top quality written English communications.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to coordinate Human Resources processes across different departments.
- Excellent computer skills (documents/spreadsheets/databases/presentations/multi-media/calendars/email).
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in different global, regional, and local contexts.
- Interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peace building, and international development.
- Proven ability to fit into a young, diverse, dynamic team as a team player, leader, mentor, and capacity-builder.
- Master’s Degree, in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
- Experience in an international peace-building organization.
- Previous INGO experience is preferred.
- Additional HR education and professional certifications will be a plus: PHRI, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
All interested candidates must apply on GFP website: https://www.generationsforpeace.org/en/work-with-us/ No later than May 31, 2019 1200 GMT