Plan International works in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan International aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized, with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan International has been working in Jordan since 2016, collaborating with national and international partners to support the recovery and resilience of the Jordanian host population and Syrian refugees by providing Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD), child protection, and women’s empowerment services.
The Project Officer (PSS) is responsible for supporting the CPiE Coordinator in achieving the project objectives through the effective implementation of the project activities in Azraq Camp. The project is funded by the European Community Humanitarian Office (ECHO) and implemented in coordination with local partners and Plan project staff.
Dimensions of the Role
· Reporting lines: the post-holder will directly work with the Syrian volunteers in the camp. She/ he will report to the CPiE Coordinator and coordinate with the technical and support teams to facilitate the project implementation.
· External: The post-holder will work closely with all implementing partners and other project stakeholders. He/ she will ensure that the Syrian volunteers and the community members are properly trained and involved in the implementation process, and have a clear understanding of the PSS concept. In addition, s/he must maintain strong coordination with the other organisations and work closely to get updates on PSS new modalities,
· External representation: The Project Officer (PSS) will participate in meetings/workshops/seminars/trainings at the local and national level as required.
Support in Programme Design:
· Support in leading rapid and detailed child protection assessments in new target areas; determine priorities and immediate activities and required resources.
· Ensure regular communication with CP and PSS technical team to integrate appropriate technical input and priorities in program design and implementation;
· Provide feedback on the ongoing activities and propose amendments as needed and way forward to challenges faced.
· Support in drafting and providing inputs around PSS on relevant concept notes, proposals and reports in close coordination with the technical unit and project management.
Monitoring and Implementation:
· Work closely with Plan International Jordan’s CPIE coordinator based in Azraq to ensure that activities are implemented in a coordinated and phased manner, in accordance with Plan International’s guide lines, best practices and policy.
· Ensure that ethical and sound data collection and information management systems are in place for appropriate CP and PSS analysis, planning, evaluation, and advocacy;
· Identify and raise technical challenges partners face in the delivery of PSS relevant activities and services and propose tools and mechanisms to overcome them in a timely manner;
· Lead the development and facilitation of trainings/workshops for Plan community volunteers as well as relevant partner staff on PSS related topics;
· Facilitate PSS trainings as required
· As required, provide technical support through developing sessions to support the implementation of the project’s activities through PSS lens, such as, Clubs, parenting etc. (or other topics as identified together with the technical team.
· Develop and roll out training plans and implement trainings for the community volunteers based on the assessed needs for continued training in collaboration with the Azraq camp staff as well as the technical unit.
· Work closely with the CPIE coordinator for any Referrals of cases as per the inter agency SOPs and referral pathways.
· Ensure refreshers and learning sessions are carried out as needed;
Coordination and Communication:
· Provide updates and reports on PSS activities, campaigns and community initiatives.
· Attend regular calls, meetings, etc. as required by Plan International.
· Coordinate with the media coordinator to ensure that all media related activities are in line with the DO no harm approach and interagency guidelines.
· Coordinate and/or implement training and briefing of Plan International partners in Azraq camp, and other key stakeholders on CP and PSS, child safeguarding and/or related issues.
Child protection, gender equality and inclusion
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
· BA or equivalent in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, Human Rights or related degree desired.
· At least 2 years’ experience in implementing child protection and PSS programs, preferable social work or case management, in humanitarian or development settings.
· Direct experience providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence, providing gender-sensitive and child-friendly counselling services, and/or developing/implementing referral pathways and case management systems.
· Previous experience supervising and managing a team in a cross-cultural setting.
· Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff.
· Previous experience in emergency preparedness and response.
· Experience working with case files and databases and providing regular documentation.
Skills & desirable experience
· Good knowledge of PSS and CP in emergencies programming;
· Excellent understanding of Protection issues and relevant major players in Azraq camp.
· Experience designing and rolling our trainings to diverse audiences.
· Experience working with partners to implement programming desired
· Strong experience in training with good facilitation skills and ability to organize and implement trainings on sensitive topics.
· Strong knowledge in planning, monitoring, evaluating programs and ongoing developments in evaluation tools and processes for protection projects
· Outstanding communication skills, with very good command of spoken and written English and Arabic
· Works well in teams and promotes teamwork, flexible and able to handle pressure and conflict well in a calm and constructive manner;
· Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines;
· Proven facilitation skills and demonstrated experience in leading joint group efforts
· A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International’s purpose and values.
· Commitment to Plan’s Global policies on CP and Gender Equality and Inclusion policy which states that the core objectives of Plan International work is to achieve gender equality, promoting gender justice, realising girls’ rights and fostering an inclusive society.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
· Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
· Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
· Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
· Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
· Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
· Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
· Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
· Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
· Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
· Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
· Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
· Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
· Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
· We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
· We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
· We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. **
Project Officer (PSS) position requires working outside Amman in Zarqa directorate exactly at Azraq district, at the eastern desert of Jordan which is 90 KM from Amman, where the weather is hot and humid in summer, cold, dry and dusty in winter.
Plan international provides transportation from to the camp.
A safe and protected workplace were created by plan international for staff and beneficiaries to insure that all activities are provided in a protective and safe places, surrounded by fence, secured by guards 24hours a day.
Level of contact with children
High level of contact: Direct interaction with children
Type of Role: Fixed Term Job (Jordan Nationals only)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Reports to: CPiE Coordinator
Location: Azraq Camp
Closing Date: 21 Feb 2021
*Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.* Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.
*Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.***
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply
Follow the link to apply: Apply Here