General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Senior project officer will work closely with the Project Officers ensuring the timely and qualitative implementation of the project activities. The incumbent has overall responsibility for monitoring the quality implementation of MHPSS, support group discussions, life skills, awareness-raising sessions, community initiatives, case management activities, and other child protection/A2J activities as per the project proposal, providing support to the PM on roundtable discussions and meetings with stakeholders. Working directly with the Project Officers, he will be ensuring that POs are aligned with overall project working plans, all project volunteers are coached and monitored, the volunteers and partners delivering such activities through all the targeted areas of the project.
He/she prepares and maintains documentation related to the job function in compliance with the financial, administrative and logistics procedures. Complying with Tdh project management rules relevant to her/his grade and position, she/he keeps track of activity operational plans and report on progress achieved to the direct supervisor(s).
The main tasks of this function are:
· Activities Management and Implementation: Responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of project plans, monitoring and reporting according to Tdh and donor procedures and guidelines.
· Team management and networking: is responsible for the management of the POs, who are supervising Volunteers, the CBOs partners and the Community-based organizations (YC and CBCPCs) and case management team. Monitors the performance of POs, promote teambuilding and proficient communication within the field team.
· Quality assurance: Oversee the plan and implementation of activities and coordinates the project resources ensuring qualitative and principled implementation and compliance with Tdh’s and donor’s regulation and the project objectives.
· Representation: represent Tdh’s on the area of implementation, ensure proficient coordination with local authorities, partners and communities.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
Activities management and implementation:
· Oversees the planning of activities by the POs and monitors the smooth and qualitative implementation of the activities, under the direct supervision of the PM.
· Proactively identifies relevant stakeholders in the field of CP and establishes a professional relationship with those stakeholders under the leadership of the PM.
· Reviews with the Project Officers the plans, and is responsible to provide innovative solutions to the project when challenges encountered, shares any changes, updates and recommendations that support the PM for the project steering and adjustment
· Feeds into the overall project workplan and, in coordination with the Q&A team and the PM, develop a proficient system to monitor the activities implementation in terms of efficiency and timeliness.
· Follows up with the project officers on the activities means of verification, such as activity attendance, pre and post, which will support the PM in enriching the articulation of the activity and the intervention impact.
· Supports the POs in the procurement process in terms of Preparing Bill of quantities, inventory reports, raising procurement and services requests (PSRs), follow up on procurements, support in the drafting of procurement plans and follow up accordingly.
· Contributes to Preparing the monthly budget forecasting along with the PM, and ensuring the Financial matters lead by the POs of the partnering CBOs and volunteers are prepared on a timely manner.
· In collaboration with the POs, ensures that activities are accessible, inclusive, culturally appropriated and gender friendly.
· Develop and promote a culture of minimum standards and essential requirement for the implementation of the project activities, when it comes to the materials, training needs, etc.
· Support the PM in organizing round tables, event and meetings, as per the project goals and framework.
· Coordinate, under the supervision of the PM, proficient communication with the technical unit team. Raises concerns and opportunities, lead on the mainstreaming of the TU’s recommendations into the activities.
· Make sure that the activities contribute to the overall project’s goals, proposes adjustments and adaptation in alignment with the project goals, Tdh’s methodologies and Donor’s requirements.
· Participate in the development of the project strategies and projects’ tools.
· Proficiently document the achievements of the activities, the financial expenditures, ensure compliance with the M&E regulation.
· Establish partnerships with the CBOs and ensure compliance to MoUs with partners, support POs in maintaining relevant networking and communication system with the CBOs, the partners and other key interlocutors at field level.
· Is responsible of supporting the POs in coordinating with the CBOs, having an action in place, collecting CBOs instances and propositions and channel them to the PM.
· Is responsible of the proficient utilization of the project’s assets, resources, premises. Plan and organize the material spaces and assets of the project to benefit a smooth implementation of the activities.
· Regularly compiles project reports as per agreed reporting schedule and the format of reporting, based on M&E system and make sure the deadlines are respected.
· Supervise and facilitate the communication activities of the project, making sure of the availability of visibility for the project.
Team management and networking
- Providing proper support to the POs in the implementation and management of activities:
- Revise activities work plan with the POs in terms of working with the volunteers and CBOs.
- Support when needed, the POs in obtaining new skills, developing work plans, preparing monthly reports and
- Hold regular meetings with the POs to ensure proficient communication and coordination of the activities.
- Support the POs in addressing challenges, solving problems and adjusting plans accordingly.
- Keep the PM updated about the outcomes of the meetings with POs, and communicates any issues related to activities or the team.
- Ensuring that Capacity Building plans of the volunteers, CBCPCs and YCs are in place and monitored by the POs in collaboration with the CBOs and that trainings needs are addressed and communicated to the PM.
- Monitors the communication with communities and ensure that it is done in a transparent and clear manner.
- Ensures that all the team members are trained and mainstream Tdh’s policies on Child Safeguarding and PSEA.
- Makes sure of the availability of a network in the area of intervention lead by the POs in collaboration with the CBOs, the community-based networks, community-leaders and institutional interlocutors.
- Ensures the availability of support by the POs to the CM team in identifying services available and support coordination mechanisms within the community when needed, this include organizing a mapping for the service providers.
- Ensures all team members have leave plans in place and follows up accordingly.
· Oversee the compliance with Tdh’s regulations, policies and best practices
· Oversee the compliance with the donor’s regulation and country inter-agency SOPs.
· Keep documentary record of all project’s activities. Timely identify concerns in the capacity of the project to reach the targets or ensures qualitative programming. Support the project team in identifying solutions.
· Collect and provide any qualitative and quantitative data requested to the PM, the Quality and Accountability department, the project team.
· Contribute to MEAL exercises, needs assessment, context analysis, post services monitoring and any other initiative aiming at assessing quality and accountability of the project.
- Strengthen quality prevention and response activities to A2J and CP issues encountered. Contribute to qualitative reporting to donors, working groups, internal reporting and reporting to institutional partners.
- Coordinate as required with all relevant stakeholders at field; ensure professionalism and high profile to all interactions internal and external to Tdh, with particular attention to representation with institutional interlocutors.
- Represent Tdh in Protection, CP, SGBV Working Group at governorate level and other relevant coordination mechanisms when requested by the line manager.
- Maintain relations with protection, CP, Education, SGBV and MHPSS actors in the area of intervention as requested by his/her line manger
- Collaborate regularly with other actors in the area of intervention to monitor the situation of the population targeted, prepare for and respond to protection, A2J, CP and SGBV issues;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship and coordination with authorities and ensure the respect of procedures by the CBOs partners;
- Support the PM in maintaining and expanding the coordination with relevant actors as per the project activity framework and objectives.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY – SAFETY & SECURITY:
· Knows and implements institutional policies on security, child protection, PSEA and Code of Conduct and fraud prevention; ensures the staff know and implement the procedures in their day-to-day work;
· Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) in her/his area, including participation in annual audit, and reviews and updates of action plan;
· Commits to inform the Country Representative and/or the National Safeguarding Focal Point and/or the Head of MENA Region and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the CSP.
· Knows and implements all institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes with a particular focus on the Institutional Media and Communication policies.
· Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Jordan.
· Supports the leadership team to organize and facilitate, conferences, exchange of experience mission and field visits for external management staff and donor representatives.
· Any other duty as required by the line supervisor.
S/he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Jordan, including programming objectives in the field, financial details, and security guidelines.
A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount.
The incumbent will conduct her/his duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy. Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC),Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
• Sound personal organizational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, and working under pressure
• Communication of professional needs in a clear, concise and responsible manner;
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• Tolerance and acceptance of diversity;
• Flexibility and strong adaptation skills.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications
Desirable bachelor’s degree in human Rights, Law, Sociology, Social Work, or any other relevant academic back-ground;
Mandatory experience in Child protection projects; preferable experience in Access to Justice.
Minimum of 2 years of experience as team leader/ Project officer/ supervisor or other relevant experience working for NGOs.
At least 4 years of experience in direct project implementation (NGO) with at least 1 year in a senior position preferred.
Experience in working with community-based networks and CBOs.
Strong capacity of planning and organizing, managing field level activities.
Experience in working with governmental institutions, preferable with Access to Justice actors.
Good understanding of M&E systems and tools;
Experience in capacity building; training, facilitation, mentoring of staff and volunteers;
Experience in working with partners at national and sub-national levels;
Mandatory fluency in Arabic and English.
Good use for windows programs
Diplomacy and ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues;
Planning, organizational and management skills;
Good communication and negotiation skills;
Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Understanding and commitment to child’s rights and child protection issues;
Flexible, willing to travel;
Excellent computer skills;
Sense of humor, dynamic and pro-active;
How to apply
For interested applicants, please send your updated resumes with a cover letter to the below email address – maximum by Wednesday January 6th, 2021with the following email title; NAME OF APPLICANT / Position.
Applications are reviewed and screened before deadline, so we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.
Note: Any email with a title that does not have the required information will be disregarded.