Title: Project Officer**
Salary: 800 – 1000 per annum (JOD)**
Employment Type: Full-time**
Duration: 6 Months**
Contract Type: Fixed-term**
Location: Amman, Jordan**
Application deadline: 13 October
Who we are
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you’ll be doing
The Project Officer will monitor MA Jordan projects and delivering effective programmes on time and on budget and aligned with the Muslim Aid Global Strategic Plan as well as the Country Strategic Plan.
Although overall strategic and policy responsibility lies with the Programmes Officer the work of the Project Officer will be informed by close collaborative working with the Programme Officer and Regional team at HQ.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Undertake monitoring and field visits assessments for programmes.
- Review and report to Programmes Officer in relation to projects / programmes, risk assessment and mitigation approaches.
- Prepare, update and compile proposals and reports required by Muslim Aid or relevant stakeholders.
Who we are looking for
· You will have proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; using of quantitative and qualitative research data collected in support of programme development.
· You will have excellent English speaking, reading and writing skills with ability to translate document from Arabic to English.
· You will have experience of working in emergency/ humanitarian crisis in the middle east region.
· You will have a strong understanding of development programmes design, implementation and evaluation.
Why you should apply: If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Project Officer to be able to take responsibility for delivering effective programmes and to be able to lead on, build and develop an internal control system allowing us to demonstrate accountability internally and externally. You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field.
To apply please submit your cover letter (no more than 1 page) and CV to [email protected]
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo relevant checks.
Applications are accepted until the Close Of Business of Sunday 13th of October,2019.