Project Officer (SOS Project)
Right to Play (RTP) is a global organization that uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through sports and games, RTP helps children in more than 20 countries build essential life skills and better futures, while driving social change in their communities in sustainable and lasting ways. Right to Play’s mission is to use sport and play to educate and empower children and youth to overcome the effects of poverty, conflict and disease in disadvantaged communities. RTP Jordan was established in 2006, focusing on children and youth in the most vulnerable areas of Jordan. Its aim is to enhance equality of education within the Jordanian formal education frameworks, in addition to using sports for comprehensive child and youth development including psychosocial support, life skills and community cohesion.
RTP is in search of a full-time Project Officer to work on the Strengthening Our Schools (SOS) Project. The SOS Project aims to strengthen the capacity of the public education system to provide quality and inclusive education for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians, while improving social cohesion in schools and within the community. This position will be based at RTP offices in Amman, with additional field work in Zarqa and Jordan Valley.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with logistics, finance, and project staff to ensure activities are implemented in a timely and organized manner
- Implement management meetings, student parliament initiatives, and coordinate with school stakeholders
- Develop school maintenance and hygiene strategies with school management and staff
- Strengthen and mobilize Student Parliament groups
- Oversee training logistics such as venue, refreshments, and transportation
- Support with monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and documentation, working with MEL Officer as necessary
- Submit financial expenditure reports and assist with other program reports as needed
- Report to Project Manager and supervise team of four Field Facilitators
- Professionally represent RTP at stakeholder meetings, cluster meetings, and relevant other community events
- Bachelor’s Degree in administration, education or other related field
- At least three years of experience in project administration or community work, including managing budgets
- Experience with providing training and an understanding of the Jordanian educational system (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Pro-active, hardworking, and able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong team player with ability to communicate and work respectfully with others
- Experience working outside of Amman, ability to work with others from various social and cultural backgrounds
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages
- Strong skills in MS Office, the ability to use PowerPoint, understanding of communications
- Driver’s license and willingness to drive to areas in Jerash and Al-Ghor
RTP offers a competitive salary and benefits package
Applications will only be considered from candidates who are currently in Jordan and who are currently authorized to work in the country.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right to Play is a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.