Organization: The Center for Victims of Torture (CVT) provides rehabilitative support to survivors of torture and war violence and works for the prevention of torture worldwide. We work locally, nationally and internationally through programs that provide treatment services, training, research and advocacy that heal survivors and end the practice of torture.
Position: Procurement and Logistics Officer.
Location: This position is based in Amman, Jordan.
Objective: Under the overall guidance of the Country Director, the direct supervision of the Site Coordinator in Amman, the incumbent will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of Instructions, Regulations and Rules which govern CVT management of resources related to logistics operations in the Organization. S/he will be responsible and accountable for providing support to ongoing activities with procurement and logistics services and contribute to providing recommendations aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of the procurement management.
Report to: Primary line of reporting to Site Coordinator. Second line of reporting to the Country Director.
A. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and conduct overall Procurement & Logistical actions within the Amman office, including (1) Property and Assets Control, (2) Supply, (3) Service/Maintenance, (4) Contractual agreements, (5) Transport Services support to staff, (6) Administration of Logistics main center/ internal & external Workshop.
- Liaise with Program and Clinic management team regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate overall procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power; generate reports for donor reporting as necessary, propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistic procedures.
- Take responsibility for all planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs in Jordan.
- Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance regarding quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the organizations best interests.
- Solicit bids, quotations, tender documents, oversee bidding process & provide support for all procurement transactions, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements, conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and ensure receiving authorization by Site Coordinator or Country Director according to CVT Permanent Instructions.
- Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep senior managers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
- In close collaboration with Senior Finance Officer ensure that appropriate funds are available for purchase; ensure receipts are received when payment is conducted in cash; request authorization of Senior Finance Officer regarding bank transfer payments.
- Prepare property lease contracts and rental agreements in coordination with Legal firm in Jordan; ensure that finance department is aware of contractual terms and conditions. Monitors owner’s compliance to contractual agreements; when identified in the leases, coordinates for payment of utilities.
- Ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal, ensure assets are located accordingly and used in CVT’s best interest, regularly upgrade inventory list.
- Direct and supervise storage management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss; Control supply stock and monitor consumable materials, in order to be able to provide staff with ready access to common regularly used items and replenishment.
- Manage and supervise the overall maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
- Supervise and provide technical support to drivers across all field sites, in accordance with CVT operational policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff supervised are offered support and learning opportunities, including regular performance evaluation, training, and/or mentorship in a structured and accountable manner
- Ensure safe running condition of all CVT Jordan fleet, and transportation of CVT staff on official business; monitor accuracy of records according the Vehicle Log Book, Servicing/Maintenance records & Fuel Consumption.
- Ensure major and minor maintenance according regular service schedule for all CVT rented vehicles; monitor consumable spare parts requirements to replenish them in a timely manner through the car lease company.
- Manage, Train and supervise staff dedicated to the above duties and responsibilities.
- Travel to all program sites and partner’s sites to perform Procurement & Logistics evaluations as necessary.
- Design and conduct market surveys to meet requirements for contingency planning, including status/capacity on vendors, supplies and availability/quality. Coordinate with the Country Director and Site Coordinator on the strategic planning for procurement and logistic needs.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
B. Experience & skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience with one year minimum in working with donor funded projects and NGOs
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Arabic & English.
- Ability to set priorities, organize time efficiently and work independently on several tasks simultaneously
- Experience working in local and regional contexts and knowledge of local area and community structures desirable.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Able to work in a stressful environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team context.
- Able to meet strict deadlines.
C. General conditions:
- Strictly committed to respect CVT’s confidentiality policy and to not disclose any information.
- Will use his/her best endeavors to prevent the disclosure by others any matters of a confidential nature to which they may be or become privacy because of this agreement.
- Upholds the highest humanitarian standards, including the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six key principles related to prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation.
How to apply
Suitable and interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivation letter before 5 PM on Tuesday, September 15, 2020 to: [email protected]
Note: Applications with job title” Procurement & Logistics Officer” in the E-mail subject line will only be considered.