مطلوب موظف (ة) مشتريات للعمل لدى منظمة دولية
1. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Procurement Section, the Procurement Associate provides procurement services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Procurement Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach in the Section. He/ She works in close collaboration with Procurement Officer, the operations, programme and projects’ staff to exchange information and ensures consistent service delivery.
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
· Assisting the Procurement Officer and the Head of Procurement Section (PRSH);
· Assistance with the preparation of Contracts and Purchase orders (POs) for provision of goods, services and works;
· Coordination with the programme section to ensure approvals are granted in timely manner in compliance with the procurement and operations procedures and manuals;
· Follow up with compliance section on vetting information;
· Control of procurement forms, specifications and other technical information relevant to procurement procedures;
· Follow up on bid deadlines, correspondences and contracts;
· Keeping record of all received bids from suppliers;
· Maintaining the suppliers’ database;
· Administer the process to register potential suppliers who meet the minimum requirements;
· Assurance of full compliance of procurement activities with organization’s rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
· Monitoring of the stages of delivery of ongoing procurement processes;
· Maintaining of the filing system in the Procurement Section;
· Clerical work, scanning of documents related to procurement activities;
· Maintaining the procurement overview.
· Demonstrating/ safeguarding ethics, integrity and sound judgment in multi-cultural work space;
· Self-development, initiative-taking;
· Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
· Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
· Creating synergies through self-control;
· Managing conflict;
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
· Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet organization’s needs and deadlines.
3. Supervision and guidance received
· The Incumbent will work under guidance of Procurement Officer and under supervision of the Head of Procurement Section;
· The Incumbent shall collaborate with and coordinate on procurement issues with other Procurement Officers on tasks assigned to him/ her.
4. Qualifications/ Experience/ Language
· Secondary Education; specialized training in procurement is an asset. University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be an asset;
· At least three (3) years of relevant experience is required at the national or international level:
o Experience in procurement or projects’ related area;
o Experience in sourcing and/ or purchasing in Jordan of goods and services relevant for at least one of the main focused areas (rehabilitation of public services infrastructure for electricity supply, water supply, health service, education);
o Reasonable knowledge of the Jordanian market for goods and services for emergency and rehabilitation aid in other sectors not covered above, including repair and transport services;
o Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
o Procurement Certificates (e.g. CIPS) would be an asset;
o Good communications skills;
· Fluency in written and spoken Arabic;
· Excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English.
5. Duration of Assignment
Annual contract renewable with 3-months probation period.
How to apply
Interested candidates please send your CVs to:
no later than 15 July 2021