Supply Chain Officer -Procurement Officer
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
Procurement Officer will support field logistics and programme staff to plan and manage the accountable, efficient and timely procurement of goods and services within their area of operation in compliance with DRC’s internal policies and donor regulations.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Supply Chain Coordinator. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Source appropriate suppliers in the local market for the procurement of goods and/or services based on specifications provided by programme staff.
· Prepare requests for quotation or tender documentation, Tender Comprehensive Reports, Purchase Orders/ contracts for regular procurement and any procurement made under Framework agreements, modifications, justifications, inspections and Payment Requests in line with DRC’s standard procedures.
· Ensure compliance with DRC and donor procurement policies and procedures.
· Liaise with field supply chain and programme staff to ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services.
· Maintain paper and electronic records in a systematic manner in line with DRC’s standard procurement procedures, providing a clear auditable trail.
· Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases;
· Manage and run procurement process in the ERP system in accordance with policies and procedures
· Support the Supply Chain Coordinator in the development and management of tenders and contracts when required.
· Provide support in compiling documents and information necessary for data bases in the ERP system (DRC Dynamics)
· Provide procurement support as needed to the Field Offices.
Required / Desirable
· Formal education to university level preferably with degree in logistics or supply chain management.
· At least 1 to 2 years procurement experience in a busy organization, preferably in an NGO setting. Must demonstrate professional experience in legal, administrative and operational aspects of Procurement.
· Familiar with the local Jordanian market
· High level of English, both written and spoken
· A pro-active person who is able to work independently and at the same time a good team-player.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
· Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel).
· Experience with ERP systems is preferred.
· Detail oriented.
· Arabic and English , excellent written and spoken
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Designation of Duty Station: Amman
Start date: 1 May 2019
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 6 April 2019
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.