Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Jordanian or non-Jordanian with valid work permit only)
Data Management (25%):
· Collaborate in designing and setting up effective systems to collect and store all data relevant to M&E for the project.
· Collect, enter, clean, and maintain electronic records of program activities related to all project objectives.
· Process completed assessment forms, pre-/post-tests, and other materials; enter the data into a database/datasets; verify that data are correctly entered; detect and resolve data integrity issues.
· Create documentation of computer file folders and location of database/dataset files. Store original templates, master, and analysis files in separate computer folders; name and organize data files and folders according to a documented convention; back-up data files regularly.
· Safeguard confidentiality of electronic and paper forms and data and that ethical practices are observed and in accordance to the Organization’s policies.
· Ensures practices comply with the organization’s M&E procedures.
Data Analysis (10%):
· Analyze and interpret results using SPSS, SurveyGizmo, Microsoft Excel, or other programs.
· Calculate frequencies, descriptive statistics, and generate figures/graphs (e.g., bar charts, pie charts).
· Analyze client outcomes using crosstabs, t-tests, Cohen’s D, and other statistical techniques.
· Score measures for aggregate reporting and analysis purposes.
· Devise and conduct additional analyses as needed to respond to requests to address substantive evaluation or clinical questions.
Data Collection (15%):
· Collaborate in designing and setting up effective systems to collect relevant data, including developing appropriate approaches for a complex program conducting cross-border and partner-based activities.
· Support program staff in collecting program activity data and client data, including supporting the team’s understanding of relevant data areas and ensuring supplies and other resources are available.
· Collaborate with both CVT staff and relevant staff of partner organizations to support data collection systems, policies, and implementation.
· Work with clinical and counseling staff to ensure adequate procedures are in place to securely and reliably collect, enter, and store confidential activity or client information, especially as forms or other data-related documents are transferred to and from clinical and M&E staff for data entry.
Monitoring Data Quality (10%):
· Monitor data and data collection processes to ensure adherence to data collection protocols, especially as it relates to clinical assessment measures.
· Identify problems with data collection, including patterns of missing data, internal reliability, problematic content of particular questions, and so on.
· Collaborate with clinical, counseling, research, and administrative staff to address data-related problems.
· Report deleterious or ongoing data-related issues to the supervisor and CVT Research Department.
· Ensure that no changes are made to M&E forms without the approval of CVT Research Department.
· Contribute to regular reports concerning program data for both internal and external audiences. External audiences include quarterly and annual reports to funding agencies. Internal audiences include monthly reports to CVT Headquarters International Services staff, requests from CVT Research Department, or local ad hoc requests from clinical or administrative staff.
Consultation, Collaboration, and Communication (10%):
· Collaborate in designing M&E systems that can effectively monitor progress towards key targets and evaluate efficacy in meeting program objectives.
· Provide regular feedback on progress of activities contributing to program objectives.
· Consult with CVT staff (i.e., admin, clinical, research) concerning data management, data collection, data analysis, or evaluation topics as requested.
· Consult and/or collaborate on other reporting efforts involving data as requested. Maintain close communication with clinical staff and CVT Research Department.
· Participate in program meetings as possible.
· Gain familiarity with work with partners and beneficiaries. Gather meaningful questions from clinical and administrative staff concerning our beneficiaries and our program. When possible, conduct analyses and present results from CVT data germane to addressing such questions.
· Where relevant, communicate with other organizations, and contribute learnings to strengthen CVT’s approach to remote monitoring and evaluation.
Other Duties: Participate in other department and organization-wide activities, meetings and trainings. Complete administrative responsibilities. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a social science discipline, data or computer science discipline, or other field, with substantial research and/or data analysis training component
· At least three years of work experience, including in program evaluation, research, or data management
Preferred education and experience
· Advanced degree or other certifications in social science, computer science, program evaluation, etc.
· Experience working in mental health and psychosocial programs
· Experience working in program start-up and M&E systems design
· Experience working in programs with: sensitive topic areas or data sources; cross-border work; and/or partnership-based activities
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
· Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· Flexible and able to adapt to change and ambiguity
· Excellent numeracy skills
· Strong administrative skills and high level of attention to detail
· Commitment to the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all
· Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with a variety of audiences
· Ability to work independently, maintaining high self-motivation and organization, and consistently meeting deadlines
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Good team player, with excellent interpersonal skills, able to take direction, and work collaboratively with others
· Interest in or commitment to human rights
Desired Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
· Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with statistical software, such as SPSS Demonstrated knowledge of or experience with online surveys, such as SurveyGizmo
This position does not currently have supervisory responsibilities.
The M&E Officer works closely with program leadership and clinical staff based in Amman. In addition, s/he will work closely with the International Program Coordinator and the Program Evaluation Advisor, all based at Headquarters. To a lesser extent, the M&E Officer will interact with the Research Associate, Clinical Advisor, Program Manager, Regional Representative, and Amman-based administrative staff. The M&E Officer participates in regional calls and coordinates with regional leadership as required.
• Typical office environment
• Time spent on the computer is approximately 75%
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, of 10 to 15 pounds.
Travel: Ability to travel to a variety of locations including regional travel to complex and potentially unstable operating environments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Suitable and interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivation letter before the end of the day on Friday December 28, 2018 to: HR_MENA@CVT.ORG