All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values:
dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles and Responsibilities
Livelihood Coaching and Mentoring Officer, under the supervision of the Livelihood Project Coordinator, will be guiding the beneficiaries of the Cash for Work Project. S/he will be responsible of conducting job counselling, coaching, and training activities, geared towards providing CfW beneficiaries in the host community with guidance to access formal work opportunities. The coach will help prepare beneficiaries think through their motivations for employment, their expectations from the working environment, and accompany them through the job application phase through counselling and motivational tools.
Duties and responsibilities
- Organize, conduct and lead orientation days Conduct one-to-one and group coaching sessions with the labourers, and guide them in the process of access to formal employment opportunities
- Accompany CfW beneficiaries through the job search phase through counselling and motivational tools
- Organize, conduct and lead soft skills and employability trainings for job-seekers
- Ensure the documentation of all processes and follow set SOP’s
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Core Competency project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons.
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Relevant core competency implementation staff
- Core Competency Specialists
- Support teams, Finance, HR, Admin and Logistics
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience: Qualification requirement:
College/diploma degree or equivalent
Years of Experience: 3
- Demonstrated interest in the labor inclusion through coaching and mentoring
- Experience in training
- Experience in coaching and mentoring
- Willingness to work on the field
2. Behavioral Competencies:
- Empowering and building trust
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- We Can Offer:
Contract period: Through to 30 September 2020 (Renewal based on funding and performance)
Salary/benefits: 1024 JOD (subject to social security and Income tax)
Duty station: Irbid
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
- ***Important Note***
NRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing,training or any other fees). Offers of employment or job openings with requests for payment of fees are fraudulent. Victims of such scams should report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs