Position: Regional Finance Officer
Department: Finance Department
Reporting to: Regional Finance Manager
Location: Amman, Jordan
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. **
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Finance Manager, the primary responsibility of the Finance Assistant is to assist overall Regional financial related.
- Update regional receivable tracker and confirm fund received with GSO and countries.
- Update cash flow trackers.
- Lead in consolidating, reviewing all RFFs for all countries and regional office as per deadline and RFM instructions.
- Support RFM in consolidating reports and tools.
- Daily data entry in accounting to regional office expense and projects.
- Manage all regional Office expense and team payments.
- Support country offices and GSO audit mission ensure reviewing all backup and quality.
- Ensure proper filling for regional and ME countries, FO to review the box folders for countries and ensure proper filling.
- Update cash facility tracker and documents.
- Fulfill gap in country offices finance department.
- Performs any other tasks as requested by the RFM
- As this is an Emergency Response programme, at times there will be the requirement to work additional hours and perform other tasks not detailed in this job description
Educated to Bachelor’s level in related field such as Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Native Arabic speaker, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel and Word
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Promotes team work, contributes towards building team consensus and acts as a team player
- Consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the Job opportunity, please send your CV in English to [email protected] before February 13, 2021, stating in the subject “Regional Finance Officer” Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications