Finance and Administration Officer in Amman/Jordan (national contract)
Caritas Switzerland is a leading aid organization in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Our ultimate aim is poverty alleviation. Our International Cooperation programmes focus on income generation, global warming and migration. We are active in some 20 countries. Over the coming years, Caritas Switzerland wants to expand its commitment to disadvantaged people. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Finance and Administration Officer in Amman/Jordan (national contract) **
In response to the Syria crisis, Caritas Switzerland (CACH) has been engaged in relief activities together with its partners since 2012. CACH is currently supporting projects in Jordan, Lebanon and Syria focusing mainly on relief, education and livelihoods sector. In Jordan, CACH’s sub-office is embedded with Caritas Jordan and the focus of programming lies in particular on livelihoods programming and immediate life-sustaining assistance related to shelter and basic needs. The goal of CACH is to deliver humanitarian aid efficiently and effectively and at the same time to support and build its partners’ capacities to do so.
Under the guidance of the Regional Finance and Administration Coordinator and reporting to the Jordan Programme Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) is based in Amman, Jordan, and tasked to support the financial and administration structure for CACH’s engagement in Jordan. The tasks include support to all members of the CACH sub-office and consultants in daily financial and administrative procedures. The FAO is also responsible for financial controlling vis-à-vis CACH’s implementing partners. A strong supporting role in procurement, logistics, office management and HR-related matters is expected. The FAO needs to acquire a good understanding of the CACH Amman sub-office and the regional office, their key personnel and the organization’s aims and objectives and apply respective CACH policies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Management;
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Previous experience working with I/NGO or donor agencies;
- Substantial experience with finance, administration, procurement and office management processes and procedures;
- Highly organized, able to prioritize tasks and commitment to organization’s objectives, values and policies;
- Experience with relevant software and management tools including high proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Cultural sensitivity and strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to cope with stress and to work independently under difficult circumstances and with minimal supervision;
- A positive and strong problem-solving approach;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic are required;
- Flexibility and readiness to take on additional tasks.
Applications shall be submitted in English through the below link and include a motivation letter and CV. The deadline for applications is 5th January 2020. Please find the ToRs for further information on the vacancy here: Terms of Reference
Duty Station: Amman/Jordan Reports to: Programme Manager Jordan
Expected Start Date: 1st February 2020
Duration: 12 months, renewable
Expected Workload: Full time
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne