Collateral Repair Project, founded in 2006 to support refugees living in Jordan, runs a community center serving urban refugees and needy Jordanians in the East Amman neighborhood of Hashemi Shamali. While urban refugees make up over 80% of the refugee population in Jordan, the majority of international funding has been directed to refugees living in—or in close proximity to—refugee camps. This has begun to change, but refugees living in East Amman have still been among the most neglected in Jordan and CRP serves hundreds of extremely vulnerable families who have received no assistance whatsoever from other organizations. CRP seeks to address these families’ basic needs and provide programming to enable families to rebuild their lives in Jordan.
CRP’s holistic approach focuses on positive growth and change. We first provide families with emergency assistance—mainly food aid—in order to reduce stress due to their inability to meet their basic needs. Once their subsistence needs are met, beneficiaries can begin to rebuild their lives with support from CRP’s range of psychosocial, educational, and community-building programming. CRP’s programs include computer classes, English lessons, trauma-sensitive yoga, a men’s support group, women’s empowerment workshops, children’s activities, and art workshops. Volunteers from Jordan and abroad run all of the programming at CRP, with many programs led by refugees who have participated in CRP’s leadership trainings.
The Finance Officer will be tasked with supporting the Director of Finance in administration of financial operations to meet legal requirements and reporting requirements. Candidates should be familiar with budget preparation, accounting activities, audits, and bank reconciliations. Candidates should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks. Ultimately s/he will be responsible for supporting all of the day-to-day management of CRP’s financial transactions and procedures.
The Finance Officer is responsible for activities including but not limited to:
- Supporting the management of all organizational and project finances – including budgeting, bookkeeping, auditing, and updating of the financial system on a regular basis
- Maintaining and developing project financial management systems to ensure proper management of funds. Including the development of budgets, and tracking of expenses against budgets.
- Providing regular reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annual) on both project and organizational finances in order to support executive and programmatic decision-making.
- Supporting the management of cash flow and cash supply requests to Headquarters.
- Preparation of financial donor reports and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Supporting external and internal audits, including the monthly closure of financial accounts.
- Detail-oriented, with a strong understanding of standard accounting practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment
- Mastery of Excel required, knowledge of accounting software is highly desired
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to develop and report against project budgets
- Fluent Arabic and advanced English language skills
- Proactive individual who takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, driven, and can work independently without direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, or other related field
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in accounting or finance management, preferably in the Humanitarian sector
- Proven Experience in accounting, budgeting, and project management
- Expertise in spreadsheet applications (Excel), and experience with accounting software (Xero, QuickBooks, or similar)
- Proven experience in managing accounting and budgets in an NGO context
- Proven experience in completing monthly and annual financial reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent English Language skills. **
* Interested candidates can submit their CV via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Officer”