Position title: Project Financial Officer, Middle East Field Support Services
Position location: Amman, Jordan
Reports to: Project Manager, ME-FSS
Application deadline: May 31, 2020
Nature and Scope:
In preparation for an anticipated Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Middle East Field Support Services (ME-FSS) Project. The ME-FSS is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the Middle East region. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for GAC and other clients identified by GAC in the region. The services provided by the ME-FSS may also include management of small local funds or development initiatives. WUSC is seeking individuals willing to submit their candidacy for consideration as a part of the implementation team for this project.
WUSC is issuing a call for a Financial Officer who will be responsible for all disbursements, payments, financial data, financial records, accounting systems, and oversight of the finances of the ME-FSS. The Project Financial Officer will report to the Project Manager, ME-FSS.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as business, finance, accounting, logistics, or management;
- Professional certification or designation in finances or accounting;
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in a finance position working in a developing country for international development stakeholders or projects;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management (i.e. budget allocations, reporting, processing data);
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining financial records and using financial software;
- Expertise in managing accounting and billing systems and reporting on project costs; and
- Demonstrated experience providing strategic financial advice.
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a leading Canadian international development organization that works with and through its southern partners to promote sustainable development. Founded in 1957 and currently working in 22 countries worldwide with an annual budget of approximately $35 million dollars, WUSC’s mission is to foster human development and global understanding through education and training. Our internationally recognized programs support youth, women and other marginalized populations, focusing on three thematic areas of education, employment and empowerment. Globally, WUSC works with a network of higher education institutions, civil society organizations, private sector partners, professionals, students, volunteers, faculty and community leaders that can be leveraged to support our work.
How to apply
Applications: Interested candidates should contact: [email protected] Please indicate “Financial Officer ME-FSS” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and CV.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.