Position: Finance Officer
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Please send your CV to
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please mention the position “J01 Finance Officer” in your email subject.
POSITION DEALINE: 25 July 2019
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Rawan Masadeh
CONTACT PERSON POSITION: Country Human Resources Officer
General Purpose of the Position
The main objective of the position is to carry out all the financial matters in the Country, which include preparing annual budgets, performing the accounting, managing the grants, and working for the audit.
Main Responsibilities of the Position
- 1.Administers country finances and guarantees that the projects have the necessary funds in their accounts to be able to function.
- a)Prepares “Budget versus Income” (BvI) and updates it on monthly basis. Shares the BvI with Projects & Regional Accounting Officer.
- b)Produces accurate monthly financial reports (reconciliations and discrepancies), and inputs accounting data into the accounting system (Front-end); ensuring their transmission to Regional Office on time.
- c)Draws up Cash forecast (monthly) and sends it to Regional Office. Draws up cash flow sheets for Country Office and Projects.
- 2.Performs country office and projects accounting and deals with routine financial queries.
- a)Ensures that cash, cash equivalents, and financial records are safeguarded and properly utilized in the country office and projects.
- b)Ensures regular reconciliation of accounts.
- 3.Oversees the documentation and recording of all income and expense transactions for every project, and verifies and correctly maintains procedures, such as payments and other day-to-day financial transactions.
- a)Ensures financial accounting complies with JRS policies, procedures and local legal requirements (taxes, social security, insurance where applicable).
- b)Reviews and checks:
- i.Vouchers (numbered and aligned with the system).
- ii.Reconciliations (weekly): banks, suppliers, cash, front-ends from projects.
- iii.Bank reconciliations (monthly) & cash withdrawals processing.
- c)Ensures that all supporting documents are provided.
- d)Follows up and checks mistakes and gaps to be corrected.
- e)Ensures that all documents are duly and properly filed and archived and follows up on procurement with the Country Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- f)Prepares checks, bank transfers, in addition to cash disbursements to staff & suppliers.
- 4.Revises and approves the monthly payroll in coordination with the Country HR Officer.
- 5.Social Security & Ministry of Finance:
- a)Ensures timely preparation, declaration & payment of Income Tax on salaries & Social Security.
- b)Ensures, along with the HR Officer, the proper completion of registration and withdrawal of staff from Social Security.
- c)Prepares required tax & Social Security reports to tax authorities.
- 6.Develops and updates country financial policies in consultation with the Regional Office.
- 7.Collaborates with the Country Director and Project Directors and assists them with the preparation of Annual Budgets for Project Proposals.
- 8.Assists the Country Director in the preparation of Project Audits and Annual Audit (cf. Audit Checklist).
- a)Prepares the appropriate documentation and attends any financial audit or control session.
- 9.Assists and counsels the Country Director and the Country Human Resources Officer in recruiting and hiring JRS staff for the finance/administration department.
- 10.Trains new accountants and administrators. Provides technical support to Project staff (Project Directors, Bookkeepers/ Accountants and Administrators).
- 11.Communicates regularly with the Regional Finance Officer, informing him/her on all major issues and developments in financial operations within the country.
- 12.Ensures prompt execution of other tasks that are within the ambit of the position as requested by the Country Director or his/her nominee.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Compassion and commitment for refugees and other displaced persons
- A university degree in Commerce Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 2 professional years of experience in the field
- Demonstrated strong analytical, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Knowledge of English and Arabic both written and spoken is required
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to write and edit reports under deadlines
- Ability to work in multicultural environment
- Ability to perform under pressure, work independently and respect deadlines
- Previous work experience in Jordan is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Attributes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Experience in training
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Highly motivated, reliable and hardworking