Finance Officer Jordan
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Support the day-to-day operations of our Jordan Office and act as our operations person in the Kiron branch office in Jordan, ensuring compliance with local regulations that govern accounting for non-profits in general (and specific to grants management).
- Be responsible for accounts payable and banking: Administering payments and bank transactions, overseeing reimbursement processes and updating the ongoing general ledger.
- Prepare monthly payroll in Jordan in collaboration with our headquarters in Germany: Inform the HQ about taxes and social security according to Jordanian laws and register new employees with the local authorities.
- Assist in project controlling and budget monitoring with our headquarters in Germany through close monitoring and reporting of Jordan-related project spending.
- Be responsible for documentation and filing: Maintain accounting and personnel-related documentation in an orderly and systematic fashion (both digitally and physically).
Your set of skills:
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in the field of accounting or finance and have finalized a professional diploma or master degree.
- You are familiar with standard processes in financial and HR management in Jordan
- You are an organized and detail-oriented self-starter and able to work independently.
- You are fluent in Arabic and business English and are proficient with the Microsoft Office Package, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector. **
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “FO + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file. Open until the 13th April 2019.