WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Assisting 91.4 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving Lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
In 2019, WFP is scaling up its Yemen operations aiming to provide 12 million people with monthly food assistance through direct food distributions, vouchers or cash and nutritional support to nearly 3 million pregnant and nursing women and children under 5.
To coordinate and provide finance, budget and administration support services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision-making.
1. Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
2. Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls.
3. Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio.
4. Monitor the centralised registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards.
5. Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met.
6. Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team.
7. Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft.
8. Monitor and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions.
9. Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analysing financial reports on a monthly basis.
10. Allocate tasks to other support staff, provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
11. Remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field.
12. Others as required.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Internal Controls & Compliance||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP’s critical activities.|
|Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting||Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.|
|Resource Management||Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.|
|Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles||Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.|
|Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge||Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).|
• Has experience assessing financial health and stability of C&V projects and other programming initiatives to verify compliance with in-country local laws.
• At least 2 years’ experience in working within the UN/ International NGO/ audit
• Advanced knowledge of excel
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience;
- Completion of secondary school education;
- Fluency in English (level C written and spoken);
- Fluency in Arabic (level C written and spoken), and
- Either a Jordanian citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Jordan work/residence permit.
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position;
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position;
- The applicant should either be a Jordanian national or have a valid Jordan residence/work permit at the time of application;
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted;
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- English language only
- Indicating all of your job TOR
- Indicating clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agreed that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
16 November 2019
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن.
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.