Junior Finance Officer
The Junior Finance Officer will be responsible for general finance and project management, office management, networking, and other tasks requested to be performed in collaboration with the Finance Officer, Project Officer, Program Officer, and Country Manager. The Junior Finance Officer will report to the Finance Officer and the Country Manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Adhere to the organization’s financial policies and procedures.
- Assisting finance officer in creating financial reports in regular basis.
- Follow up with major suppliers regarding their accounts and payments.
- Booking all financial transactions on daily basis based on the program budget and country manager approval.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets.
- Representing SPARK Jordan interest at finance meetings when required;
- Make sure to get the full financial documents before submitting them for payment.
- Maintain assets list and inventory counting periodically.
- Managing small petty cash for employees’ transportation and office needs.
- Maintain adequate and proper archiving system.
- Administrating SPARK’s car use and make bookings in weekly basis.
- Any other functions as designated by the Finance Officer and Country Manager.
- Doing the cash count with the finance manager and/or country manager.
- Assisting in organizing partners’ documents and make them available at any time through online and off-line archiving system.
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
- Work experience of 0 to 2 years.
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic.
- Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting;
- Organisational skills and the ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High energy, pro-active and service minded;
- Hands-on attitude and willing to help out flexibly if required;
- Jordanian Nationality or in possession of work permit.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A gross monthly salary between JOD 600 and JOD 800 depending on professional experience and based on a fulltime appointment of 40 hours;
- On-the-job training opportunities.
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 80+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.
The small SPARK team in Jordan has been set up in 2016 and is quickly growing. SPARK’s programmes in Jordan focus on access to education and the labour market for youth, as well as the future reconstruction of Syria. The programmes aim to unlock the growth potential of Jordanian MSME’s, to contribute to the generation of much needed growth in the ailing Jordanian economy, by supporting existing MSMEs and start-ups. Moreover, SPARK works together with local higher education institutes and other national partners to improve and introduce entrepreneurship education and internship programmes. In addition, SPARK technically prepares and motivates young Syrians, Palestinians and Jordanians for an active role in the future reconstruction of Syria. For more information visit the SPARK website and http://www.spark-syria.eu/jordan.
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org. If interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on https://vacancy.spark-online.org and until 15 October 2018. Please, with application send to us two references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.