Under the direct supervision of the Logistic and Security Officer (LSO), the Driver/Logistic Clerk will be responsible to ensure the effective and safe transportation of all Tdh employees to operational sites on a daily basis as well as to provide support in all the logistics activities in Jordan delegation and in the assigned operational areas as requested by the supervisor.
More specifically the incumbent will do the following:
· Drive Tdh vehicles and organize the staff movement sheet plan as per the organization policies;
· Provide support in the running of daily project and department logistic tasks;
· Provide support in the procurement process as requested;
· Support the HR & Admin department for the processes of issuing visas, work permits, payments and registrations.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks):
Driving and transportation
· Drive Tdh vehicles as per the planning and requests, ensuring the highest levels of standards of safety, comfort and always respecting the internal and external regulations;
· Fill the logbook for each movement.
· Anticipate fuel needs for each trip and fuel the car accordingly.
· Support the team to deliver or pick up documents, items, etc.
· Support the Logistics & Security Officer in vehicle fleet management (ensure all repairs and maintenance are carried on by the rental company) and comply with the Tdh Transport procedures (including regular mechanic and equipment checking, Log sheet filling, etc.).
· Support the organization of trainings and external events in the all Tdh locations (hall rental, hotel booking, organising transportation, etc.).
· Participate in the logistic organising of project activities when needed (excursions for children, etc.).
· Organize & follow-up of the trips carried out by external means (Taxi, bus for activities, etc.) and book taxis when requested.
· Participate in the follow-up and monitoring of the communication means (telephone, fax, etc.)
· Respect and comply with the traffic rules in Jordan.
· Respect and comply with Tdh security rules.
· Follow-up on the daily basis of the respect of the security measure and process for the fleet (Cf. security plan).
· Ensure the presence and correct update of emergency kits for all sites and cars (security chest, first aid, water, etc.).
· Make sure people inside the car respect the security rules (seat belt, etc.)
· Monitor the vehicles’ state and performance and report to the manager in case of problems.
· In case of accident, follow the procedure in place and inform your manager.
· Provide reports about cars maintenance and about all necessary information to be forwarded to the rental car company.
· Fill and provide monthly report on fuel consumption.
· Provide support to the logistics officer and program teams to load, offload and carry materials.
Procurement and Logistic Support
· Carry out quotation and offers needed to make purchases.
· Order purchases and ensure their proper delivery.
· Provide support to the Logistics and Security Officer for the installation of material and equipment in the premises.
· Organize and supervise the maintenance works in the premises as per the supervisor’s request
· Provide support to the Logistics and Security Officer in monitoring the stock-taking and inventory follow-up by updating inventories on monthly basis.
Support to HR and Administrative department
· Support the admin department with Visas applications, send / receive any official documents from insurance, police station and ministries.
· Support the admin department with making the payments.
Safeguarding policies -safety – security:
· *Knows and implement intuitional policies on security , procurements , child protection , PSEA and code of conduct and fraud prevention.
· Adhere to and enforce current administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
· Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh child safeguarding policy ( CSP)in her/his area, including participation in annual audit , and reviews and update of action plan .
· Commits to inform the country Representative and /or National safeguarding Focal point and /or the Head of MENA region and to deal with any case of any allegation or possibility of transgression , even potential, of CSP .
· Respect Terre des hommes security procedures in Jordan
· Make sure to respect strict confidentiality of information about activities, Tdh strategy, budget, staff, beneficiaries, etc.
· Undertake all other duties that may be requested by the line-manager and that are compatible with the job.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC),Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
· Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines
· Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
· Supports and advises colleagues
Adapts communication to the intercultural environment
Requirements for the position:
· Valid high school diploma is required.
· Possession of a valid driving license. Candidates with a 4th grade license are preferred.
· Good level of speaking, understanding and writing level of English language is required.
· Having good shape of physical and mental health.
· A minimum of 5 (five) years working with a public, private or international organization operating motor vehicles professionally.
· Demonstrated track record of no accidents and enforcement history (fines, penalties, road accidents)
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of road safety standards, rules and regulations and their application as per the national road regulations in Jordan;
· Very good navigational awareness and knowledge of Jordan road systems including from Amman to major cities and governorates and intra-city, mostly in Amman, including, streets neighborhoods, airports and government offices;
· Excellent driving attitude, including ability to exercise control, focus, concentration, calmness and ability to act in an agile manner and make good decisions when necessary when driving;
· Basic knowledge of First Aid.
· Ability to lift heavy packages and moves furniture.
· Ability to maintain vehicles in good condition.
· Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
· Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
· Willingness and interest in supporting program and goals.
· Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
How to apply
For interested applicants, please send your updated resumes with a cover letter to the below email address – maximum by Sunday /July 12th , 2020 with the following email title;NAME OF APPLICANT / Position.
Applications are reviewed and screened before deadline, so we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.
Note: Any email with a title that does not have the required information will be disregarded