World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Livelihoods Officer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The livelihood field officer will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the implementation of the livelihood activities and the capacity building components of World Vision’s project funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and development (BMZ). The project overall objective aims to contribute to youth’s employability by deploying a livelihood and capacity building approach.
The position holder will work under direct supervision of the Project Manager and in close collaboration with the Livelihoods Manager and will be responsible for supporting partners’ staff through technical input and administrative support along with training and coaching the partners’ staff on the project operational and technical tools and standards, in addition to mobilizing the project’s partners and other project stakeholders along the implementation phase
Support and monitor the partners’ implementation of the project activities (the provision of soft skills training, counselling, job readiness, technical training and the linkage to labour market),
· Oversee the implementation of the partner’s activities by insuring that all inputs are coordinated and project activities are of technical quality.
· In coordination with the livelihoods Manager, provide technical supervision and feedback to the partners’ staff.
· Ensure that tasks provided by Project Manager and Livelihood Manager are implemented and documented on time.
· Track implementation progress, and report delays and exceptions needed beforehand.
Coordinate the designing, planning, monitoring and implementation of the project capacity building component,
· Support the project manager in the partners’ selection process in order to identify several CBOs that are active in implementing livelihoods programming in the project’s areas of intervention.
· Coordinate and participate in the CBOs’ assessment, focusing on their technical, financial, programmatic, and operational capacity.
· Provide inputs into the CBOs’ capacity building plans.
· Ensure the proper implementation and monitoring of the partners’ capacity building plans.
Support and supervise the youth participating in the livelihoods research,
· Lead the identification and the selection of the youth who will participate in the Youth-led research component of the project.
· Organize monthly planning for the selected youth and ensure the proper mobilization of the needed resources.
· Facilitate, support and monitor the implementation of the Youth-led resource starting from the data collection process till the disseminating of the research findings.
· Participate in the quarterly performance review of partnerships.
· Upon request, prepare and organize meetings and workshops with the partners.
· Participate in the identification and assessment of the partners’ organizational and operational capacities.
· With support from the Project Manager and the Livelihoods Manager, train partners on WV operational and technical tools and standards.
Facilitate the networking, coordination and collaboration between different project stakeholders,
· Mobilize local stakeholders for facilitating project implementation and inform them regularly about the progress made and the challenges faced.
· Participate actively in project’s meetings
· Liaise with procurement and finance department as per the procedures in place to coordinate the purchases & expenditures as required for activities implementation (Follow up procurement and administrative works; management of petty cash; management of project accounts and payment of bills).
· Ensure an effective coordination with other project’s team members of the office.
· Ensure regular reporting on activities to the Project Manager upon request (coordination meeting, workshop meeting, etc.);
· Contribute to other reports and documentation as required;
· Support for assembling and revising the partners’ regular financial and operational reports.
Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· University degree related to social sciences and/or commercial fields (economics, business administration, marketing, social work, Socio-Economic Development). or another related field
· 2 years of experience in implementing Livelihood activities and / or field economic development providing training sessions.
- 2 years’ experience in working in relief and/or post-conflict settings in national or international NGO.
- Experience in organizing capacity building activities.
- Experience in outreach and community mobilizing
· Fluency in English and Arabic languages
- Proven ability and experience in communicating a common vision among diverse partners.
- Knowledge of refugees’ context in Jordan is desirable
- Intermediate skills in MS office (Power point, excel, word)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Learning behavior.
- Experience in working with youth
- Experience in career counseling.
· Proven ability and experience in providing organized training sessions