مطلوب موظف (ة) للعمل لدى منظمة دولية
Plan International has been working in Jordan since 2016, collaborating with national and international partners to support the recovery and resilience of the Jordanian host population and Syrian refugees by providing Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD), child protection, and women’s empowerment services. The project aims to effectively support parents and caregivers to be more responsive and empowered to nurture children in a safe, enabling environment where ECD services are integrated across service providers/ sectors through national priority. The project is funded by (GIZ) and will be co-implemented by Plan International Jordan.
The Project Officer will be responsible for providing daily support to the project and its activities, while facilitating and monitoring implementation with other implementing partners. The Project Officer will ensure that the projects’ objectives are met in accordance with the proposal and donor requirements. S/he shall adhere to timelines and ensure that project outcomes are maintained and shall continually drive innovation and improvement within the project, while working with all key stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that internal and external reports are submitted in a timely manner and advise senior project staff on issues associated with progress in order to facilitate any necessary changes in programming.
Dimensions of the Role
§ This role acts as the front-line in working directly with communities through different community partners;
§ This role has no direct reporters;
§ This role requires close relationship with children and their families.
Internal: the post-holder shall report to the Host Community Projects Manager.
External: The post-holder shall work closely with all implementing partners. They will ensure that programme volunteers and partners staff, are properly trained and involved in the implementation process, and have a clear understand of the scope of work.
External representation: the post-holder shall actively participate in meetings/workshops/seminars/trainings at the local and national level, as required by the project.
Budget/Asset management: The post-holder will support the Host community projects Manager in managing the budget through tracking programme expenditure, developing forecasts, and managing programme procurement according to the implementation plan.
· Oversee the implementation of ECCD interventions in the community centers to provide day-to-day operational support to implementing partners;
· Assist the Host community projects Manager in preparing information and data for the learning approach by providing the required information and following up with partners for their input;
· Support the partners to ensure all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents are properly completed and filed;
· Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around CBOs (field level) and report to the Host community projects Manager
· Guide and support the implementing partners and provide continuous feedback to the Host community projects Manager by sending weekly update reports;
· Ensure beneficiaries (parents and children) feel comfortable, safe, and respected;
· Offer the needed logistical support for workshops, events and training sessions;
· Conduct regular field visits to supervise and monitor ECCD/parenting activities;
· Ensure rigorous implementation of quality and accountability mechanisms;
· Ensure adherence to Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy and reporting procedures;
· Be a positive role model and demonstrate conflict-solving behaviours;
· Undertake all other duties determined by the project management team.
· Work closely with the Host community projects Manager to finalize the implementation plan and budget forecast as well as implementing project activities.
· Ensure that all activities are planned efficiently, effectively and has a sustainable impact; while taking into consideration the best practices.
· Ensure tracking of set indicators throughout the implementation cycle and regular reporting on impact, and in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, assist partners in developing appropriate strategies for monitoring and evaluating implemented activities.
· Represent Plan International and the Project in relevant coordination meetings.
· Coordinate with the media coordinator to ensure that all media related activities are in line with the DO No HARM approach and interagency guidelines.
· Design and provide technical guidance on community mobilization and awareness raising messages and activities for community stakeholders
· Following on the procurement plan and prepare the PRs for the needed items accordingly as well as following with the logistic team to make sure that the things will be on time
· Working on writing the interim and final reports for the implementing projects when it is due
· To support confidential reporting mechanism among stakeholders and beneficiaries;
· To make sure that Plan International zero tolerance policy for bullying, discriminatory behaviour and sexual harassment are implemented and followed;
· To make sure that Plan International’s Global Anti-Fraud, Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy applies to all our staff members, volunteers and partners we work with;
· To build trust among partners, and colleague team members;
· To contact the M&E department on regular basis to make sure that all registration forms and attendance sheets are done correctly and on time
· Follow up with M&E to make sure that the project is in alignment with the action plan and objectives are achieved and consistent with the log frame.
· Work with finance department in opening and closing the financial advances needed for support the project activities
· Conduct regular meetings with the technical team to follow on the implementation, identify problems related to the performance of the sessions and attendance and find solutions
· Follow up with HR department on the volunteers’ monthly attendance and the contracts preparation and renewal regularly.
Child Safeguarding, gender equality and inclusion
· Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan
The post-holder will report to the Host Community Projects Manager. S/he will coordinate closely with the technical team and the operations and finance teams. The post holder will also work closely with all project partners as well as other stakeholders.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Educational Qualifications and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in ECCD, Education, social studies or any relevant subject to the ECCD sector;
- 2 years of experience in the non-profit sector, preferably the ECCD sector;
- INGO work experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of the ECCD sector in Jordan, and its operating and regulatory environment;
- In-depth understanding of child protection.
Skills & Ability
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities (internal/external);
- Fluent in Arabic and English;
- Facilitation, negotiation and networking;
· Must be computer proficient (MS Office and outlook);
- Good communication, planning and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated capacity and commitment to solve day-to-day program issues;
· Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity;
· Able to work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
· Good knowledge and understanding of “DO NO HARM” principles;
· Good knowledge of field-based monitoring and networking.
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
· Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
· Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
· Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
· Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
· Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
· Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
· Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
· Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
· Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
· Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
· Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
· Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
· Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
· We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
· We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
· We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. **
The post-holder shall be based at Plan International Jordan offices in Amman with a minimum of 70% allocation for local travel to different host communities.
Level of contact with children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
Type of Role: Fixed Term Job – Subject to receiving final approval from the donor
Contract Duration**:** 3 months with possibility of extension subject to budget availability and performance
Reports to**:** Host Community Projects Manager
Location: Amman with travel to the project sites in Jordan governorate (Mafraq, Balqa, Irbid and Zarqa)
Closing Date: 31 July 2021
How to apply
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.**
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.**
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Child Safeguarding Policy.