The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization whose global mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants, regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC advocates for rights-based policies and durable solutions directly and through a worldwide network of member bishops conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners. The organization is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
Since 2002, ICMC has been responding to the needs of vulnerable populations affected by conflict in the region. As a registered INGO in Jordan, ICMC provides its services across five governorates in the country including Irbid, Mafraq, Zarqa, Jerash and Ajloun. Its regional office is based in Amman and two field operations offices are located in Irbid and Mafraq, each of which include a dedicated protection center. ICMC provides comprehensive humanitarian and development assistance in the protection (including child protection and gender-based violence), education, livelihoods, basic needs and shelter sectors. ICMC has been able to successfully deliver multi-sector projects through funding from BPRM, DG ECHO, OCHA, the Australian Embassy and private donations.
Currently, ICMC is providing humanitarian and development assistance to refugees and host communities in Jordan with funding support from the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM), the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), and foundations/trusts. **
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is designed to support the program development and quality department at ICMC Jordan. The selected candidate will cover the maternity period of a core staff member for a period of approximately 5 months. S/He will contribute to the continued success of donor funded programs at ICMC and ensure their quality is maintained.
The main tasks will include:
· Identifying new funding opportunities for ICMC Jordan.
· Preparing high quality concept notes and proposals (for both new and existing donors).
· Supporting with budget development including budgeting of program activities and staff as well as drafting budget narratives.
· Drafting program reports that are compliant with the donor’s requirements. This will include the narrative reports as well as required annexes (i.e. revising human interest stories, preparing visual products of program data).
· Producing internal operational reports on a monthly basis for ICMC headquarters.
· Analysis of program data both quantitative (statistical) and qualitative.
· Supporting the lead staff member in conducting investigations pertaining to violations of ICMC bi-laws and core policies.
· Bachelors or Masters degree in International Studies, Development Studies, Social Work or a closely related field from a recognized University.
· At least 2-3 years of experience with an international humanitarian and development actor.
· Knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors in which ICMC works (Protection, Education, Basic Needs, Shelter, Livelihoods).
· Familiarity with international donors and their requirements including government donors, UN funding streams, and foundations/trusts.
· Proven experience drafting high quality concept papers and proposals (including budgets and supporting annexes).
· Competent in preparing written donor reports.
· Demonstrated expertise in conducting program data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative and preparing infographics.
· Solid comprehension of cross-cutting issues including gender, age, and ability required.
· Experience working on programs in Jordan/ Middle East region an asset.
· Experience implementing donor funded projects desirable.
· Past experience conducting investigations related to prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (with organizational staff or vulnerable communities) desirable.
· Fluency in English. Please note that due to the position focus on high quality written products, only native English speakers will be short-listed for this position.
· Demonstrated ability to produce high quality, written documents for the humanitarian and development field in English.
· Proven ability to work with people from various social and professional backgrounds (international staff, local staff, government officials, business professionals, community leaders, adults and children, men and women).
· Solid communication skills (written and oral) and ability to coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure deliverables are met.
· Displays cultural awareness and sensitivity to age, gender, ability, sexuality, nationality, and religious diversity.
· Demonstrates flexibility at all times and is open to constructive feedback.
· Strictly follow the ICMC internal procedures and guidelines, including data protection and confidentiality.
· Ensure impartiality and independence, reflecting the views of all key stakeholders.
· Ensure accountability to all program stakeholders, especially participants, giving due consideration to gender, age, ability, and special needs of affected populations, making sure that the most marginalized and vulnerable persons have a voice in the process.
· The successful applicant will be subject to a background check from their country of origin to the direct contact with vulnerable communities.
· The successful candidate will be required to provide a certification of non-conviction from their country of origin (if applicable).
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their CV and a cover letter expressing their interest in the position. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview via Skype or Zoom.
Please submit all documentation electronically to [email protected] by February 21st with the subject “ICMC PD&Q Officer -Candidate Name.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Applicants who do not submit the required documents within their application will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.