iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Overall purpose of the role:
This position will be supporting different projects in the MENA region. The DHIS Development and Training Officer will be responsible for bringing technical guidance and support to rollout DHIS2 system; as he/she will conduct training sessions, suggest improvements, develop DHIS2 tools and document the work progress. Moreover, he/she will act as a focal point for DHIS2 IM and capacity building withing the context of Humanitarian IM.
This post will fall under the overall supervision of MENA regional director, work in coordination with and under the indirect supervision of the Capacity Building Unit, as well as Data Systems, IM teams and other iMMAP units, the officer ensures that program operations meet the highest standard and are supportive of regional and global iMMAP strategies.
Expected employment duration of 6 months, with possibility of extension depending on performance and funding availability
Description of Duties
· Identify training gaps needed for the employment of new DHIS2 IM tools and procedures.
· Develop, communicate, and update training Materials for any developed DHIS2 tools.
· Organize, schedule, and conduct training sessions on the usage of any developed DHIS2 tools for key tools’ users and personnel.
· Suggest improvements to existing IM strategies and procedures through the utilization of DHIS2 tools, where applicable.
· Develop DHIS2 IM tools in-line with identified needs and requirements of partner organizations.
· Maintain and update all developed tools as requested by partner organizations.
· Provide periodic regular reporting on tools development progress, trainings conducted, and initiatives taken.
· Act as focal point for DHIS2 IM and capacity building withing the context of Humanitarian |IM.
Any other duties as required.
· Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP country and regional representatives, external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (INGOs), donor agency officials, vendors, media and the general public;
· Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marketing or branding of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
· Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Global Security Advisor.
· As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that he/she will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP, as well as individual professional development.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of field projects.
He/she will report directly to the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) regional director, work in coordination with and under the indirect supervision of the Capacity Building Unit, as well as with iMMAP country, regional and headquarters-based Operations, Administration/Finance and Technical Support units.
· First level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, computer engineering, IM or related field;
· A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience training IM and/or Information and communications technology (ICT) professionals in databases, mapping, visualization and design with an emphasis on web and mobile technologies;
· Sound knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes;
· Great communication skills;
· At least 1 years’ experience in emergency response and/or recovery environment;
· Proven experience of analytical report writing in English.
· Knowledge of political, cultural, and humanitarian context of MENA region;
· Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently;
· Familiarity with the aid system, experience participating and working within UN sector/cluster system, and an understanding of donor requirements.
· English (fluent) – essential
· Arabic (fluent) – essential
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/131