Press & Information Officer (short term contract)
Local Agent Group I
The Delegation of the European Union to Jordan is seeking to recruit a Press and Information Officer for the Political, Press and Information Section. The person appointed will be offered a limited contract (from 15/1/2020-1/5/2020) on terms appropriate to his/her position.
Job Location: Delegation of the European Union to Jordan.
Tasks will include:
- Preparing daily press review and media analysis;
- Establishing and maintaining close working relations with Jordanian and international media;
- Coordinating with press officers from Embassies;
- Coordinating with other private and public bodies;
- Drafting/finalising press releases (in English and Arabic);
- Contributing to and preparing speeches and preparing the Head of Delegation for interviews;
- Contributing to the preparation, and ensuring implementation, of the Delegation’s communication strategy and visibility plan
- Supporting the European Commission’s development communication strategy locally;
- Preparing regular information to the media on the activities of the EU High Representative for Foreign and Security Policy, the European Commission and the Delegation: organising press conferences and preparing interviews and editorials during High-Level visits and events;
- Preparing social media posts for the Delegation and the Head of Delegation (in English and Arabic);
- Managing the website of the Delegation;
- Managing promotional material;
- Managing the Press and Information section’s budget;
Preparing a regional EU communications seminar in Amman during the first semester of 2020.
- The candidate must have a minimum professional experience of 3 years working in media, good knowledge and contacts with Jordanian Media.
- A University Degree in areas relevant to the duties (e.g. in social sciences) would be a strong asset
- Experience in an international work environment would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, scheduling and communication.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
- Good communication skills
- Prioritising and Organising
- Ability to work within a team
Interested candidates must send a motivation letter and their Curriculum Vitae to the attention of Head of Administration by 29th December 2019 by email to [email protected](link sends e-mail). The subject title must CLEARLY indicate: “Applying for Press and Information Officer Post”.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.