Under the direct supervision of the Activity 1 / GFA coordinator, this role will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the development of General Food Assistance (GFA) projects, plans, activities (Cash-based Transfer (CBT) and in-kind) and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies, standards and guidance. This includes but is not limited to accountability, implementation and reporting.
- Assist in managing GFA programmes and projects, including but not limited to planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, working closely together with other relevant country office units on targeting, beneficiary database management, nutrition, accountability to affected population (AAP), protection and gender aspects.
- Contribute to formulating needs for assessments, monitoring and research activities to strengthen the GFA activities and enhance evidence of the outcomes of the GFA activities.
- Contribute to related analysis of aspects relevant to the programme such as beneficiary criteria and adjusting transfer values when applicable.
- Take the lead on implementation of potential related projects such as building financial literacy and financial inclusion for beneficiaries.
- Support advocacy and donor-related initiatives
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as required, including interagency fora, meetings with service providers and cooperating partners.
- Substantially support and co-manage existing partnerships of WFP Jordan, including being responsible for aligning workplans of partners with GFA overall workplan and activities.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships for improved food assistance activities.
- Contribute to and later lead the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on GFA programmes and activities as requested that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Development of SOPs as required.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
- Other relevant activities as required.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- Internal WFP staff can access the VA through the internal WFP CAREER page via the link:http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
- External applicants are kindly requested to follow the link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and to attach your updated CV in English.
- Join WFP to be part of saving lives and changing lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rFCbNDXiw&feature=youtu.behttp://ar.wfp.org/videos/recruitment-video-ar
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.