MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Overall Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Operations Officer ensures the smooth operations of administrative management systems and services in the office; training logistics and workshop planning; setting up and updating key project trackers (i.e. MEL plan, annual workplan deliverables, and updating the USAID database with participatory training), as well as conducting compliant procurement of services and goods, managing fleet management and the international and in country travel. Additionally, s/he will support the program team with coordination and project activity implementation.
The Operations Officer ensures administrative management and program support are conducted according to MSH policy, MSH standard operating procedures and donor regulations and good business practices. S/he must complete tasks maintaining high standard with quality. S/he will contribute to achieve project targets. It includes the area of PR review, provides guidance for developing event budget, per-diem calculation, record keeping, organizing workshop, training, seminar and meetings (inside and outside of the office) with counterparts and stakeholders on project activities.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Office Facilities and Management 30%
- Under the supervision of F&A Manager, responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of administrative management systems and services in the office
- Ensure office facilities and utilities are maintained and functional;
- Ensure cleanliness of office and its premises in an efficient and effective way;
- Ensure to arrange electrical, other equipment repair and maintenance of MSH offices
- Oversee the Store and Supplies stock Management; maintain stock room tracker and ensure adequate stationery and supplies are available in the store;
- Ensure Maintaining service contract with vendors
- Track Record Keeping of new, old, and damaged assets;
- Follow up to arrange disposal of old/damaged assets as per instruction of management;
- Ensure all relevant logistics (like ID card, business card etc) for new hired staff ;
- Ensure efficient services of front desk, and mail management
- Perform other tasks as required by the supervisor
- Facilitates the preparation of procurement plan based on needs
- Receives approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services
- Ensures finalization the PR in consultation with the requester
- Tracks all PRs, for both local purchases and those requested through other offices including Home Office
- Determines price reasonableness
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval;
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting units if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed;
- Provides regular status update on PR and PO to the program teams.
- Handles field office purchases when required;
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of the donor and MSH;
- Assures delivery or pickup of Purchase Order (PO) for collection of goods;
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor;
- Regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods;
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Does quarterly or 6-month reviews of pre-approved vendors for routine items such as office supplies, cleaning products, etc.
- Also performs other duties as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Inform supervisor immediately if asked to compromise integrity by any vendor or other.
- Communicates with HQ Team for high-value or complex procurements
Program Implementation-Workshops/Trainings/Events Logistics 20%
- Provides support to technical team and consultants for preparing, disseminating event (training/seminar/workshop) materials;
- Ensures timely preparation of all logistics support for the program and make sure to send all requests related to procurement within standard time line of procurement process;
- Ensures program team is oriented on logistics and finance/operations requirements for implementation of program activities.
- Ensure documentation of all program activities, correspondences, files, and records are tracked and maintained in accordance to MSH procedures;
- Ensures all required logistics and materials are in place for meeting and training in advance;
- Acts as a focal person with vendors on event-related matters; e.g. local hotel, staffs, venues;
- Responsible to coordinate with procurement team, program and vendors to successfully complete the events for ensuring pre meeting training setup, testing of audio visual equipment with appropriate measures to correct the documents;
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing the event related bill for payment process;
- Guides program staff to submit advance and settle on time;
- Ensures disbursement of per diem of the participant according to the MSH policy, reasonable mode of transection and ensure compliance of the GoB.
Program Implementation -Other 10%
- Assists with the implementation project activities at the national, provincial and district levels.
- Under guidance of Country Project Director supports the collaboration with in-country partners.
- Working with program advisors, assist with drafting activity scopes and budgets.
- Manages tracker and monitors workplan deliverables status and uploading to internal MSH repositories. Presents status and next actions to project management team in country and HO.
- Manages risk register under guidance of Country Project Director and F&A Manager.
- Support any other relevant technical areas, as agreed with the Country Project Director.
- Updates and support the project the monitoring, evaluation and learning plan indicators.
- Updates Trainet database timely with participatory training required data.
Fleet Management 10%
- Oversee and ensures engagement of transportation service for in-country travel arrangement for staff member, visitors, and consultants is in line with MSH policy and procedures.
- Arrange and monitor vehicle logbook of rented vehicles;
- Ensures proper allocation of vehicle usage through verifying log sheets and prepare fuel consumption statement for each vehicle;
- Preserves fire safety equipment in the rented vehicles.
Travel Management 10%
- Arrange domestic and international air tickets;
- Provides support for visa processing;
- Provides transport and accommodations bookings.
- Prepares invitation letter for national & international staff and STTA, local consultants, and in processing required authorizations for International Travel.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Bachelor’s and 4-6 years of experience OR Master’s and 2-4 years of experience in the area of office management and administration, supporting the coordination and implementation of project activities, arranging workshops, training logistics and procurement.
- Experience working with international organizations and USAID funded projects.
- Experience rendering administrative management services and support to a multidisplinary team comprised of programmatic and finance/operations functions.
- Experience and ability to working with government and international NGO officials;
- Experience with managing support staff
- Experience running an office
- Experience with managing the logistical aspects of workshops, training courses or meetings, including assistance with arranging for the travel, lodging, and registration of participants.
- Experience with Jordan’s health sector and familiarity with USAID preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, ability to identify and resolve operational constraints
- Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- English fluency required including speaking, writing, and reading;
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative.
- Self-motivated, strong initiative.
- Experience of data management
- Experience of handling diverse range of complex situation
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally if needed
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10lbs.