Government Liaison Officer – National Contract
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC Jordan *are looking for a highly qualified government liaison officer who will support in developing and maintaining DRC’s relationships with local government in the areas of Karak and Madaba. The person will be managed by the Senior Government Liaison Officer and will work directly with the project managers in Madaba and Karak to ensure smooth relations with local governments in both location.*
About the job
The individual will report directly to Senior Government Liason Officer . Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Under the supervision of the senior government Liaison officer, the GLO will Assist field coordinators in developing and maintaining profitable relationship with decentralized institutional bodies (Governorates, Ministries Directions, Municipalities) and with other influential Stakeholders at local level;
· Draft official letters in Arabic to communicate formally with relevant government bodies
· Ensure that Arabic/English translation of documents related to Jordanian authorities are factually and grammatically correct
· Map stakeholders at local level in Karak and Madaba and ensure the PMs and SGLO are kept updated on the structures of government at local level including any changes
· Facilitate and follow up on all meetings with relevant local leaders and local representatives
· Preparing monthly progress reports to be sent to government entities
o gathering beneficiary numbers per project; reporting on project outcomes; outlining main difficulties in implementation
· Support with JORISS reporting and MOPIC applications and processes
· Undertake any duties prescribed by the Senior Government Liaison Officer
· To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in government or government liaison role
· Moreover, we also expect the following:
· B.Sc. in law, public administration, political science or equivalent.
Required / Desirable
· Knowledge of Jordanian legislation and policies related to INGO work in the country
· knowledge of governance and administrative structures within the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, experience from working inside a governmental structure considered an asset
· Demonstrated competencies in drafting official letters in Arabic.
· Experience in humanitarian work considered an asset.
· Excellent communication skills and diplomatic approach
· Ability to operate and work independently;
· Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
· Arabic and English (fluent)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 month contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station: Amman
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 22 May 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.To apply click here