Proposal Officer – MENA
Position: Proposal Officer – MENA
Location: Amman, Jordan
Contract Duration: 12 months
Forcier is a multi-disciplinary research, monitoring, and evaluation firm operating across Africa and the Middle East since 2011. Our core services include program evaluations, opinion polling, third party monitoring, and capacity building for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments and private sector clients operating in post-conflict and challenging environments. Forcier MENA is rapidly expanding in the MENA region, with representatives currently based in Erbil and Amman.
Job Description: Forcier is seeking a Proposal Officer to join our Business Development team. The Business Development department focuses on generating business and facilitating partnerships with our clients. Responding to consultancy advertisements published by actors within our sector is the focus of our work, and our primary method of obtaining business. As a Proposal Officer you will play a vital role in identifying opportunities, developing methodologies and research approaches, and submitting proposals to our clients. Working closely with the MENA research team, you will become an expert on our operations in MENA, you will develop your knowledge of research methods and approaches, and you will obtain an understanding of the development actors working in the region. In this role, you will follow your proposal from identification to conceptualization, to interviewing and revisions, to contracting.
Perfect Candidate: Forcier is looking for a Proposal Officer that has a passion for writing, data, and learning. A sense of ownership over one’s work, and a competitive edge, is essential for this role. We are looking for an excellent writer, with an interest in the MENA region, who can help Forcier expand our services in the region. The perfect candidate will be a team-player, and will be willing to work under tight deadlines. Experience in the field of international development or monitoring and evaluation is a definite advantage.
The first three months is considered a probationary period and the position is unpaid but offers:
· In-country living stipend;
· Round-trip flights from your home base to duty station at the start and end of the contract.
After the probationary period a full salary will be offered for an additional nine months.
Reports to: Business Development Manager
· Identify business opportunities through desk research, track client and donor solicitations/business forecasts;
· Conduct research on possible clients, ongoing programming and other proposal-related topics;
· Maintain specialized databases and systems for recording and tracking proposals, awards and other related information;
· Work with research staff to develop appropriate research methodologies and approaches to fit our clients’ needs;
· Develop budgets and work plans contextualized to the locations in which we work;
· Write full technical and financial proposals, including vendor information and annexes, for Forcier projects predominantly in MENA (including Sudan), but across other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa as-needed;
· Provide regular communication with potential clients throughout the proposal review process, including participating in interviews;
· Assist Heads of Business Units, Contracting and Research Departments during the contracting and project hand-off phases;
· Assist the global Business Development department by liaising with the MENA research team to provide information on country staffing, logistics, financial information, and project updates;
· Assist in improving and maintaining new and existing business development resources (templates, CVs, promotional materials, including corporate capability statements, past performance references, project databases, consultant contact lists etc.)
· A Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Anthropology, Political Science, English, International Development Studies, or another relevant social science topic.
· Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing).
· Effective ability to pro-actively prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
· Interest in MENA, but flexibility to work in various global contexts.
· Ability to work independently with little oversight.
· Strong Microsoft Office and Internet research skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work remotely, outside of an office environment.
Preferred (but not required) skills:
· Knowledge of Arabic language desired.
· Experience with grant writing or training in business development
· Familiarity with research, including quantitative and qualitative research methods
· Experience with corporate marketing, branding, or graphic design
· Experience living or working in MENA
· Knowledge of the international development sector
Please submit a single PDF containing your cover letter, CV, a writing sample in English (no longer than 3 pages) with your name as the filename to email@example.com. Please include “Proposal Officer – MENA” as the subject line.
In your Cover Letter, please detail why you are interested in proposal writing, and why monitoring & evaluation is important for international development. Please do not summarize your CV – use the Cover Letter as an opportunity to convince us why you’d be the best fit for this position.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.