Partnership Officer (Pending Donor Approval)
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Partnership Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Partnerships Officer is responsible for helping to identify and assess new partners.
The project holder will be responsible for coordinating and managing the CSOs partnerships throughout the whole process from the identification, assessment, selection, capacity building and implementation.
The position holder will work under the direct supervision of the project manager and in close coordination with other project managers and the support departments in WV Jordan.
Lead the partners’ identification
- Lead the mapping of potential partners of WVJ, with a particular emphasis on local CSOs.
- Perform detailed desk research on potential partners.
· Carry out regular field visits to the potential partners to explore their expertise and their interest in cooperating with WVJ.
· Categories the CSOs based on their structure, expertise, geographical location and interest.
- Update the CSOs mapping database by collecting the information of the potential CSOs partners from the other WVJ projects.
Support the organizational capacity assessment of the potential partners.
· Support the operational, support and technical staff as needed in the organization and facilitation of capacity assessments for potential partners.
- Participate in the sub-award proposal review and approval process as needed.
· Ensure a high level of coordination with implementing partners and other stakeholders to ensure that the planning and implementation of the project according to the approved proposals.
· Supervise coordination with implementing partners to achieve the project deliverables.
· Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to partners.
· Meet partners regularly to monitor progress; share lessons learned, experiences, observations, obstacles and to review and update the projects plans of actions if needed.
· Identify needs and provide opportunities for capacity building for the partner staff to ensure proper technical and operational skill levels.
· Ensure compliance with World Vision’s policies; especially procurement, HR, finance and fraud.
General Administrative Support
· Drafting agreements with partner institutions and external consultant
· Prepare agendas and writing meeting minutes for the staff meetings and provide logistics support when needed.
· Collect and compile Field Trips Schedule from Project team to coordinate with drivers/Fleet coordinator
· Attend and participate in capacity building training if any.
· Perform other relevant tasks as assigned.
· Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as directed by the Program Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· BA degree in Business Management or related fields.
· 2+ years in the humanitarian field.
· 4+ professional experience.
· Effective in written and verbal communication in English, Arabic is essential.