ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) is looking for Programme Governance Officer who is for for providing technical guidance and leadership on Accountability and Localization across the humanitarian programme. The role will assist with organizational adherence to international accountability standards and support the design and roll out of accountability tools and mechanisms.
The role provides direct oversight on accountability in all current and future humanitarian projects. The Programme Governance Officer is a key technical focal point on accountability and localization and has critical deliverables to achieve the overall project goals and objectives. The Officer will assist in the design, planning and implementation of the accountability and localization components of humanitarian projects. Furthermore, s/he will ensure accountability principles and adherence to standards are mainstreamed across the organization.
About ActionAid Arab Region
At ActionAid Arab Region we work with grass root organizations and civil society actors that have a strong focus on youth and women in local governance. ActionAid Arab Region (AAAR) knows that to create lasting change, the root causes of poverty and injustice must be addressed and that affected communities must become the drivers of the change they want to see. Read more at https://arab-region.actionaid.org/
Job Title: Programme Governance Officer
Reports to: Humanitarian Programme Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Monthly Gross Salary Range: 859 JOD – 1024 JOD (Based on qualifications and competencies)
- To provide technical guidance and leadership on accountability and localization across humanitarian projects. The role with assist in design and rollout of accountability tools and mechanisms and provide guidance so that these are mainstreamed across the organization.
- To provide direct oversight on all current and future projects with a specific focus on accountability components. This role acts as a key technical focal point of ActionAid’s humanitarian projects with key deliverables identified to achieve the project goals and objectives.
- To support in the design and planning of all accountability and localization components and taking leadership on implementation of activities.
- To provide technical leadership and guidance to colleagues across the humanitarian programme and to other teams to ensure a cohesive approach to accountability and localisation.
· As Lead – design and implement accountability and localization components of the Humanitarian projects in Jordan– in line with AA AR’s organizational strategic plan.
· Reports – ensure reporting deadlines are followed up and implemented by all AA AR stakeholders. Consolidate humanitarian accountability and localization components for relevant reports.
· Provide training to staff, volunteers and partners when required.
· To support the design and implementation of accountability tools and mechanisms.
· To ensure adherence to international standards such as the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) and any work related to this, and other relevant international standards in practice
· To sit on the ActionAid Arab Region CHS working group which leads the CHS self-assessment and subsequent improvement plan. The Governance Officer will monitor progress on the CHS improvement plan.
· Ensure all relevant team members are inducted and trained on the agreed accountability standards of ActionAid AR.
· Support programme teams including partners to ground ActionAid AR’s accountability standards and monitor the same.
· To be a focal point on promoting localization and anchoring activities such as the SHAPE framework (Strategic Humanitarian Assessment & Empowerment Framework.
· To support in the development of assessment tools and training preparation.
· To support in the development and delivery of capacity strengthening plans of partners.
· Coordinate exchange visits for partners, CBOS and community collectives to share learning and best practice.
· Ensure systematic documentation of all Action Aid AR’s accountability practices and case studies and share these with relevant colleagues.
· Ensure the localization and accountability elements of the project are documented and reported in line with donor requirements.
· In collaboration with team members, document and share key learning.
· Ensure new learning is integrated in practice by programme teams and follow up when necessary in close coordination with relevant colleagues.
· Provide information for proposal development as requested.
· Contribute technical input in programme design phase.
- In coordination with the Line Manager, be the focal person to provide required information to the donor when requested.
· Represent AA AR in all relevant Accountability forums, platforms and networks to share learning and experiences, with the approval of the line manager.
· Represent AA AR with Government stakeholders and meetings.
· Closely work with Line Manager to ensure projects move forward strategically as planned.
· Work with team and Line Manager to resolve issues linked to Accountability and Localisation in the organization.
· Provide training to staff and volunteers when required.
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience:
Education & Certifications
- BA in Governance, Development, or a related field.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
· At least 3 years of experience working in governance, accountability and localization or a related field.
· Able to build strong team and work together in the spirit of team work.
· Have grounded understanding of the refugee crisis in the region.
· Experience of working with refugee and host communities and their dynamics.
· Have good cultural understanding, and analytical skills to understand and respond to the local communities’ needs.
· Strong interpersonal communication/negotiation skills both in written/oral Arabic and English
· Experience in the development of accountability training
· Good understanding of the Grand Bargain and the localization agenda.
· Experience in the development of community-led accountability mechanisms
Desirable Knowledge, skills and Experience
· Team building and coordination experience
· Excellent coordination/facilitation and communication skills with strong sense of team spirit
· Result oriented person; ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meeting of deadlines.
Mutual respect, Equity and justice, Honesty and transparency, Solidarity with the poor, Courage of conviction, Independence, Humility
How to apply
With your CV, motivation cover letter should be sent to: [email protected] (only received CVs on this email will be considered) please clearly indicate which position you are applying for, you will not be considered without putting this title in the subject bar. We respect all candidates but we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.