Child Protection Officer
Terms of Reference
AVSI Foundation, an NGO created in 1972, carries out cooperation projects for development, with particular emphasis on education. In its work, its attention is focused on the defense and promotion of the dignity of the person, the cornerstone of every project. We work all around the world thanks to a network of 35 founding members and more than 700 partners worldwide.
AVSI Foundation has been operating in Jordan since 2006 and contributed in supporting the most vulnerable local communities, Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees through providing projects and activities that focus on health and psycho-social assistance, education, vocational training and job placement and income-generating activities.
AVSI Foundation is currently implementing a Social Protection project under the Syrian response programs in the Governorates of Zarqa and Aqaba in Jordan. The project aims at fostering the inclusion and improving the psycho-physical condition of 623 minors and adults among the refugee population and host communities in the areas of Zarqa and Aqaba, through activities that involve women at risk/victims of abuse and working/out of school children.
JOB TITLE : Child Protection Officer
Years of Experience : 2 Years of Experience
DEPARTMENT : Projects
PROJECT : SAFE 2- Protection and support for families at risk among refugees and local community in Aqaba and Amman
REGION : Amman
TYPE OF CONTRACT : Project-based contract
SCHEDULE: Full time
The Child Protection Officer is responsible of the monitoring and supervision of the Protection technical component within the project activities, by ensuring that they comply with both AVSI Child Protection and International Standards.
- Follow-up of the technical trainings (identification and referrals mechanisms, life skills, PSS, etc.) delivered to the project and partners’ staff and technical coaching for the implementation of the psycho-social activities;
- Coordinate the PSS activities implemented in the project areas, follow-up and monitor the team on how to design and conduct structural recreational and PSS activities;
- Regularly visit the target locations to monitor staff’s performance in terms of applying Child Protection and PSS skills and approaches;
- Provide regular field and program team with written reports including key recommendations for improvements in the implementation of Child Protection activities;
- Supervise and coach the Case Managers; when needed support in cases investigation and follow up
- Preparation of technical documents, guidelines (SoPs, thematic policies, etc.) relevant to the activities of the project;
- Support to the M&E department in the designing of the monitoring and evaluation tools relevant to the results and objectives of the project;
- Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the team;
- Regularly plan and coordinate with the Project Manager to:
· Establish and review monthly plan and priorities
· Weekly exchange feedback on the activities, community and cases’ situation
- Preparation of reports as requested by supervisor
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor
REPORTING TO : Project Manager
- Bachelor Degree in relevant subject (Social Work, Psychology, Education, Development or Humanitarian Studies, etc.)
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a program position preferably with Local or International NGO in the field of Child Protection;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English language and Arabic language;
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Experience in working with refugee communities;
- Experience in building field staff’s capacities through trainings or learning-by-doing;
- Experience in supervision, monitoring and coordination of field staff;
- Excellent communication, reporting, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, plan, suggest and manage trainings sessions and workshops;
- Strong commitment to Humanitarian and Child Protection values;
- A very high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with Child Protection cases;
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of AVSI;
- Substantial experience in emergency and post-crisis environments;
- Strong cross-cultural sensitivity and flexibility;
- Proficiency in Office programs: Excel, Word and Power Point.
please send your CV to the below email and mention the job title in the subject field :