Duty station: Amman with regular field visits to Mafraq
Kind of position: Only Jordanian national
Starting date: 01/07/2019
Contract duration: 8 months
Reporting to: Project Manager
The Protection Officer will be responsible for ensuring high quality delivery of the protection interventions in Mafraq addressing issues of gender violence, abuse, GBV, SGBV and child protection.
The Protection Officer will be working closely with the Project Manager in ensuring the implementation of the activities in the Vulnerable Outreach Communities (VOC) in Mafraq, supervising the local team and coordinating with the local partners
The Protection Officer will also provide technical support for the development of capacity building activities and related informative material.
A key responsibility of the Protection Officer will be to support the timely submission of the deliverables, including weekly plans, implementation of activities and reports.
Qualifications and experience
· At least 2 years of professional experience working in the humanitarian sector (with a particular focus on protection-related activities, community outreach, case management or psychosocial support.
· Degree in in Social Work, Human rights Law, International Relations, Development Studies or similar, or equivalent experience.
· Experience in delivering capacity building efforts, including leading trainings related to gender violence, abuse, GBV, SGBV and child protection.
· Ability to write project reports.
· Capacity and willingness to frequently travel Mafraq communities (2 times per week)
· Able to work independently as well as in team and to deliver results, also with tight deadlines.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English and Arabic are required.
· Understanding of the principle of community-participation and accountability.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter via email to [email protected] with subject line: “Protection officer – Jordan”.
Application without cover letter will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.