The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Protection Officer – Protection Mainstreaming is responsible for ensuring that protection principles are mainstreamed throughout DRC’s livelihood program in Madaba Governorate. This includes undertaking protection mainstreaming assessments, maintaining an updated referral pathways matrix for the Governorate and making timely referrals for beneficiaries requiring external services. The Protection Officer is also responsible for overseeing the assessment of potential protection cases who may be eligible for Individual Protection Assistance (cash), and ensuring the timely distribution of cash, as required.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Base Manager.Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Provide protection mainstreaming training for DRC staff and partners
· Monitor the extent to which protection principles are mainstreamed through DRC’s Livelihoods activities, using DRC’s Protection Mainstreaming checklists.
· In collaboration with the Protection Technical Unit, develop protection mainstreaming action plans for each project, and oversee the implementation of these action plans.
· Maintain an updated referral pathways matrix for Madaba Governorate.
· Process external referrals for beneficiaries, and follow up on referrals until the case has been successfully closed.
Individual Protection Assistance
· Undertake Protection assessments for cases potentially requiring Individual Protection Assistance (cash), making recommendations to the Protection Specialist – Case Management and Base Manager.
· Oversee the timely distribution of cash to approved cases, and perform follow ups, as per the DRC Individual Protection Assistance SOPs.
· Provide support with any other tasks requested by the line manager.
Required / Desirable
· B.Degree in Social Science.
· Minimum 3 years of experience working for a non-profit organizations in the protection sector, with increasing responsibilities. Candidates with experience of protection mainstreaming or cash for protection programming will have a distinct advantage.
· Experience delivering trainings would be an advantage.
· Strong understanding of the humanitarian protection principles.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Full professional proficiency in Arabic and English.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Designation of Duty Station: Madaba
Start date: ASAP
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2020
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.**
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.