World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Outreach officer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The outreach officer will be responsible for the implementation of the cash for work Cash distribution through E-Wallet services in the Project “Protection of Wadi Arab Dam in Jordan through Cash-for-Work supporting vulnerable Jordanians and Syrian refugees” funded by GIZ and will support and provide training sessions for the target group on the service provider mobile application, and engage in the after training activities. The outreach Officer will be responsible for supporting the Livelihood team by being involved in preparing beneficiaries for the work they are expected to perform and identifying and reporting about their needs, mobilizing them into groups and helping them identify market opportunities , improving their general skills such as planning, basic employment, self-employment, entrepreneurship meanwhile administering the components of the project which include establishing a relationship with the community leaders , CBOs , Local Police department and the different Cooperatives to facilitate work permits
1- Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets
(Jomo-pay (E-Wallet) Literacy sessions for the project beneficiaries, Support in Community mobilization activities, identifying beneficiaries & income generation opportunities , provide training sessions ) and contributing to the design of community E-wallet outreach programs
2- Coordinate activities between target group, specialists, local actors/partners and available resources in addition to developing relationships with community partners, working with community in addition to Assists as needed in identifying local social service resources for beneficiaries.
3- Support the quality control means provided by the line manager, and ensure the reporting about capacity gaps, the officer is expected to analyze data and develop results and conclusions. Submit weekly activity reports.
Interacting regularly with project coordinator to seek technical guidance and expertise regarding project related issues.
4- Identify convenient locations for conducting the local awareness raising campaign, Plan along with project coordinator the approach for local awareness raising campaign and Support and Supervise Cash for work community mobilizers
5- Manage target group expectations by setting participatory action plans, risk analysis and long term milestones
The ability to work with young and elder people from different backgrounds.
6- Share feedback of beneficiaries Livelihood needs, Skills & suggestions for services with the Livelihood Manager in terms of employment and economic development Participate when needed in evaluating the impact of the project on the beneficiaries.
Keep and file records and correspondences related to the project.
7- Attend and participate in Monthly and annual workshops organized by WV Jordan
8- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- University diploma related to social sciences and/or commercial fields (economics, business administration, marketing, psychology, social work)
- Proven ability and experience in Jomo-Pay (E-Wallet applications-Service providers) communicating a common vision among diverse partners
- Proven ability and experience in providing organized training sessions
· Experience working in volunteering or internships
· Experience in organizing capacity building activities
- Experience in translation and reporting
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages
· Learning behavior
· Experience in outreach and community mobilizing
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of refugees’ context in Jordan is desirable
- Intermediate skills in MS office (Power point, excel, word
· Experience in Self-employment or business startup
· Experience in Micro Finance and banking
· Experience working with VTC & VTET providers
· 2 years of experience in implementing Livelihood activities including Jomo-pay (E-Wallet) Literacy sessions for the project beneficiaries, Support in Community mobilization activities, identifying beneficiaries & income generation opportunities, provide training sessions) And / Or field economic development providing training sessions