Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of pride in communities, through heritage.
Turquoise Mountain established a project in Jordan to support artisans and to promote involvement with heritage. The project will work across high-end craft production for international markets, vocational training in traditional skills, and cultural heritage outreach.
Turquoise Mountain is seeking to hire a passionate communications officer to run their communications and engage with a local and foreign audience in both Arabic and English.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Partnership communications support – including producing and curating regular bundles of images and creating short-films
· Designing, writing and coordinating social media updates to promote our programme and partnership work – Instagram, Facebook and Twitter posts and content creation for blogs
· Donor and fundraising communications support – writing case-studies, producing and curating imagery for donor reporting and funding bids as required
· Communications input on events, and VIP donor visits – creating digital, and direct marketing content, and designing itineraries.
· Plan and manage Turquoise Mountain Jordan YouTube channel through production of visual content – creating short films
· Approach and manage local and international media regarding TM’s work in Jordan
· Create Fact sheets, case-studies, brochures and other communication materials for our programme work
● Experience with visual content creation and management of social media channels,
● Excellent oral and written communications skills in both Arabic and English,
● Command of iMovie or other film production software is highly desirable,
● InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop is a plus,
● Experience working in the art and culture sector
● Experience working in a non-profit environment is desirable.
· Contract type: Full-time contract (Sunday to Thursday), 11 Months with two months’ probation period
· Base: Amman
· Reports to: Partnership & Development Lead
· Salary: Commensurate with experience
· Other benefits: Local work-related transport
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following in one PDF document to [email protected] by 7thFebruary 2021 (Email title: Programme Communications Officer – Jordan)
● A text in English about your background, experiences and motivations for this post explicating your communications experience (250 words),
● A one-page resumé,
● A 2 pages portfolio with samples of your work,
● Include your e-mail and phone number.
The selection process will include two interviews and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.