Communication Officer – Social Media Officer, NOA, Jordan Country Office, Amman 109830 (open for Jordanian Nationals only) Temporary Appointment
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization should like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the volunta contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose for the job:
The Social Media Officer is responsible for implementing the communication strategy, with a focus on social media community management, planning and coordination, reporting and analyzing. As well as producing various trend analysis reports on the online users in Jordan, as well as producing analytics reports on the social media platforms of the country officer.
How can you make a difference?
Ensure thatUNICEF Jordan social media channels are regularly updated and inform and engage key stakeholders, including children and youth on issues that affect them.
- Review and post content per the agreed advocacy and communication calendar of events for the Country Office and Global HQ to expand UNICEF’s voice for children.
- Manage the social media community by ensuring proper community management on all platforms, including management of comments, question and answers and address of potential offensive comments in timely manner and according to UNICEF criteria.
- Addressing queries of the UNICEF community, liaising with sections focal points and content specialist for specific answers
- Create and stimulate worthy conversations with the targeted community to support and strengthen UNICEF’s communication strategy
- Ensure regular and quality content on social media platforms and liaise with communication team on work progressReporting and analysis of performance and trends
Perform regular analytics reports on the ongoing campaigns on UNICEF social media platforms and share social media trend analysis with specified programmes and partners.
Tasks and duties:
- Submitting campaign analysis reports in terms of reach and engagement
- Monthly analytics reports for the platforms overall performance and significant trends
- Ability to use social media applications and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing new initiatives
- Share trend analysis reports on viral campaigns with management, programmes and specified partners
Planning and coordination
Ensuring that the social media calendar is always up to date, aligning with the country and regional priorities and the UNICEF global calendar. As well as coordinating with key influencers.
Tasks and duties:
- Coordination between global and local calendar according to the communication strategy.
- Ensure full coordination and planning of the social media content requirements for the social media calendar
- Identify and coordinate with influencers to increase the reach of the organization
Monitoring and evaluation
Regular monitoring and evaluation activities are undertaken according to the work plan to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country online communication efforts
Tasks and duties:
- Monitoring public perception of UNICEF on digital platforms
- Measuring the performance of the social media platforms to ensure meeting social media key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Follow up on latest digital trends & present it to the communication team.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
Education: Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Digital Media or other relevant discipline(s) is required.
Experience: One year of practical professional work experience in communication area is required. Experience handling social media channels and listening/social media analytic tools is highly desirable.Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to deliver within strict deadlines.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Arabic. Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=521404