REPORTING AND M&E OFFICER
Position: Reporting and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
This position is subject to the conditions of the signature of the main contract between Expertise France and the Delegation of the European Union in Beirut.
Country: Jordan, Amman
Deadline for submission:: 20/05/2019
Name and project description: Reinforcing Jordan’s Capabilities at the Eastern Border
This project aims at enhancing Jordanian authorities’ ability to quickly react to any humanitarian crisis or security threat at the Eastern borders (Iraqi as well as Syrian) and to improve the sustainability of civil-military operations in the area, by building a multi-purpose hub in Ruwaishid, the first Jordanian city on the way to Amman after the Karamah border crossing point with Iraq.
Given the very limited capacities of the current Border Guard Forces facilities in Ruwaishid, this hub will constitute a multi-agency logistical and administrative center. It will serve as a much needed rear support base both to the Karamah-Trebil border crossing point and to the overall Eastern border control system and operations.
Under the responsibility of the Field Project Coordinator, the Reporting and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer tasks will be to:
• Design reporting formats
• Contribute to project reporting by consolidating data regarding progress toward project indicators
• Create and update trackers, Indicator Progress, and Dashboards
• Support the Project Coordinator to prepare timely project and donor reports (bimonthly, QR and annual reports) in compliance with internal requirements
• Liaise with partners to conduct M&E activities including meeting or contacting beneficiaries when needed for any kind of assessment and/ or evaluation
• Conduct field visits to the project to perform data collection, and use monitoring tools
• Any other task assigned by the Project Coordinator
Degrees & Qualifications
• Master degree in a directly related field (Business administration, development studies, sociology, statistics, etc.)
• At least 2-3 years of previous experience
• Experience with a local or international NGO/IGO is a plus.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Excel
• Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
• Good interpersonal skills
• Independence, adaptability and flexibility
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in conducting surveys, assessments, monitoring & evaluation activities.
• Good reporting skills.
• Ability to organize and work independently and within a team
• Advanced level of using assisting software packages like MS Word & MS Excel
• Familiarity with data collection and monitoring and evaluation tools
• Excellent command in English and Arabic, French is an advantage
• Understanding of financial management systems and tools
• Project management, communication and problem-solving skills
• Mission area: Amman, with regular trips to Ruwaishid Jordan
• Duration: 18 months
• Starting date: 01/06/2019
If you do not receive a response one month after the application deadline, please consider that your application has not been shortlisted.
The process of selection of expressions of interest will occur in two phases:
• As a first step, a shortlist will be freely established by Expertise France.
• Selected candidates may then be invited for an interview.
Interviews will happen on a rolling basis.
Fees for the services will be negotiated with the designated candidate.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
All applications must include the following:
• Cover Letter
Applications should be sent to Expertise France by email before 15th May 2019, using the following subject: Reporting and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Amman.
Applications are to be made in French or English.