Collateral Repair Project, founded in 2006 to support refugees and impoverished Jordanians in East Amman, runs emergency assistance programs and vibrant community centers in Hashemi Shamali and downtown Amman. The people CRP serves struggle to take care of their basic needs and to rebuild their lives.
CRP’s holistic approach focuses on positive growth and change. We first provide families with emergency assistance and then offer them educational, community building and psychosocial activities through our Family Resource and Community Center. CRP’s programs include computer classes, English lessons, trauma-sensitive yoga, a men’s support group, women’s empowerment workshops, children’s activities, and art workshops. Volunteers from Jordan and abroad run all of the programming at CRP, with many programs led by refugees from CRP’s community. We prioritize hiring staff who are creative problem solvers, hard workers, and actively take initiative to develop our programs and move our work to the forefront of best practice.
The Marketing Officer’s primary remit will be to increase Collateral Repair Project’s individual and monthly donor base as well as to lead and oversee donor communication effort. In coordination with CRP’s Director of Communications, s/he will be responsible for reaching and reporting on month-by-month donor targets, designing bi-annual large fundraising campaigns and smaller annual fundraising initiatives, managing all donor communication and retention, and maintaining CRP’s website. The Marketing Officer is responsible for maintaining associated technologies, including Salesforce, Zapier, Google Adwords, and Google Analytics. S/he will provide Director of Communications and Executive Director with monthly fundraising and donation forecasting reports, as well as be actively involved in strategic planning to grow CRP’s donor base and increase its value.
Additionally, s/he will interface with CRP’s Board of Directors and fundraisers in America, Canada, Europe, Australia, and elsewhere to provide marketing collateral and technical support to collect donations and manage events.
It is vital for candidates to be organized, familiar with the technologies used, and able to articulate and drive a strategic vision for growing a donor base. Strong communication skills are required.
The Marketing Officer is responsible for activities including, but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing fundraising campaigns, including interfacing with our design agency, identifying campaign theme, implementing the design on our website, setting campaign targets, developing matching and strategic donors, and writing and sending emails throughout the campaign.
- Designing and sending monthly informative donor newsletters via Mailchimp
- Managing our donor relations, including outreach efforts to retain monthly donors
- Recruiting and training interns to help manage all marketing processes
- Website maintenance and expansion, boosting posts on social media, and designing paid advertisements for Facebook and Google Adwords as necessary.
- Liaising with fundraisers here and abroad to provide needed materials and technical assistance.
- Growing grassroots fundraising efforts in America, Canada, Australia, and Europe.
- Monthly fundraising reporting and analysis to present to CRP Communications and Executive Directors.
- Maintaining donor database via Salesforceand managing the automated data processes in Zapier to keep database accurate and available.
- With Communications Director, spearheading the Collateral Repair Podcast.
- Detail-oriented, with a strong understanding of marketing practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to learn new technologies, new features in existing technologies, and strategies to adapt those technologies to the greater benefit of the organization
- Mastery of Excel required, knowledge of accounting software is highly desired
- Strong understanding of marketing principles
- Ability to develop and report fundraising results
- Strong grasp of technology principles and applications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in fundraising or marketing operations, preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Proven experience in fundraising, marketing, and technology.
- Experience with Salesforce, Zapier, and Tableau (or similar softwares) required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent English language skills. **
* Interested candidates can submit their CV via e-mail at: [email protected] with the subject line “Finance Officer”
Salary will be based upon CRP pay-scale and candidate’s experience.