The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
Reporting to the East Amman Base Manager, the Supply chain Officer is responsible for all logistics requirements in the field, including all procurement processes in accordance with DRC policies and procedures, fleet management in the field, and maintaining accurate filing systems.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Base Manager-East Amman. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Source appropriate suppliers in the local market for the procurement of goods and/or services based on specifications provided by programme staff.
- Prepare requests for quotation or tender documentation, Tender Comprehensive Reports, Purchase Orders/ contracts for regular procurement and any procurement made under Framework agreements, modifications, justifications, inspections and Payment Requests in line with DRC’s standard procedures.
- Coordinate with the technical supply chain team to Ensure compliance with DRC and donor procurement policies and procedurers.
- Liaise with field supply chain and programme staff to ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services.
- Maintain paper and electronic records in a systematic manner in line with DRC’s standard procurement procedures, providing a clear auditable trail.
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases;
- Manage and run procurement process in the ERP system in accordance with policies and procedures
- Implement, track and document all procurement processes in accordance with DRC and donor policies and procedures, in a transparent, accountable, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Coordinate fleet management to ensure that vehicles are insured, assets are managed correctly, being driven safely, and maintained appropriately.
- Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes, and submit weekly logistics reports to the management team.
- Maintain an updated list of suppliers.
- Oversee office maintenance and related services such as electricity, water, internet and telephone.
- Carry out day to day office administrative requirements including dealing with incoming and outgoing post, office stationary replenishment and maintaining administration related files.
- Draft letters and correspondence as required, and translate (Arabic- English) informal documents for daily office needs.
Required / Desirable
- At least 2 to 3 years’ procurement experience as supply chain, preferably in an NGO setting. Must demonstrate professional experience in legal, administrative and operational aspects of Procurement.
- Familiar with the local Jordanian market
- High level of English, both written and spoken
- A pro-active person who is able to work independently and at the same time a good team-player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel).
- Experience with ERP systems is preferred.
- Detail oriented.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Designation of Duty Station: East Amman – Nuzha
Start date: October 2020
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 21 Sep 2020