Supply Chain Officer
Supply Chain Officer
The Supply Chain officer has overall day-to-day management responsibility for all Procurement functions at the Main Office.
The Supply Chain officer has the responsibility of ensuring that procurement processes at the main office are being done in line with SCI procurement policies to derive efficiency, effectiveness and value for money.
The responsibility extends as well to manage assets and the fleet of the main office.
The Supply Chain Officer will provide technical support and operational capabilities to increase the area office Supply Chain capacity and strategic support to the programs and partners. This requires a highly motivated and detail solution oriented individual who will be able to resolve operational critical challenges as they arise and provide compliant solutions, in time.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
* 2-4 Years Main Office and Hands On experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment including complex procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock
* Experience in vehicle and fleet management, Distributions of NFI’s and food & Medical Supply Chain Management
* Ability to synthesize and analyze information, and make clear, informed decisions
* Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
* Strong planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
* Experience in development and implementation of efficient logistics systems, procedures and guidelines.
* Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
* Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
* Computer literate (including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel) and competency in development of spreadsheets and databases
* Fluency in written and spoken English
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
* Relevant qualifications or training courses (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector, this role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.