مطلوب موظف (ة) استقبال للعمل لدى السفارة الامريكية
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Amman
- Position Title:
- Receptionist-All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Open Period:
- 01/03/2021 – 01/17/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0125 5
- JOD JD9,594 – JOD JD9,594
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time –
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 09. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
Only one Open-to category should remain:
• U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
The incumbent of this position provides reception, administrative and secretarial in support of the Amman Medical Unit. This employee is supervised by the Administrative Assistant and in his/her absence, the Foreign Service Medical Provider /Regional Medical Officer (RMO). She/he is the first point of contact, both by phone and in person, for patients and visitors to the Medical Unit.
Please make sure you enter all your work experience and education through the ERA Application. Attached Curriculum files will not be considered. Supporting documents (i.e. education certificate) must be included in the application for eligibility purposes.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: One years full-time experience performing receptionist, secretarial and/or office management functions is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be familiar with basic business, office, and medical administrative procedures. Must be familiar with basic medical terminology and correspondence.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of high school is required.
Supporting documents (i.e. education certificate) must be included in the application for eligibility purposes.
يجب إرفاق شهادة الدراسة المطلوبة مع طلب التوظيف حتى يتم اخضاع الطلب للتدقيق
- LANGUAGE: English: (Fluent working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. This will be tested.
Arabic: (Fluent working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES : Ability to be flexible, resourceful, service-oriented, and self-motivated. Must be able to multi-task, and to work within the existing mission structure. Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access). Must possess excellent interpersonal skills (in person and on telephone) to interact effectively with Health Unit staff as well as a diverse range of patients. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing using proper English. Ability to manage stressful situations with impeccable integrity, good judgment and patient confidentiality. Ability to obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid training. Ability to type with speed using computer software.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Amman, Jordan will receive a in addition to their basic salary the following:
- Local Social Security if Jordanian citizen
- US Social Security if US citizen
- Provident fund
- Severance pay
- Medical and life insurance
- 13th and 14th months Bonuses
- Annual Leave
- Special Immigrant Visa to the US. (Not an entitlement)
- Training opportunities.
- Premium pay to include overtime, night differential, Friday differential.
- Eligible to be member of American Embassy Community Service Association
- Within-Grade Increase
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- Please make sure you enter all your work experience and education through the ERA Application. Attached Curriculum files will not be considered.
- For positions that require English Level, applications MUST be submitted in English.
- Required Documents:
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Passport copy/ National ID
- Degree (not transcript)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name).To apply click here