POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
Position: Administrative and Logistics Officer for PUI in Jordan (Replacement during maternity leave)
Based in: Amman
Expected period to be covered: 14th of February 2021 – 10th May 2021
- Under the line management of the Syrian Crisis Desk Manager
- Functional management: Syrian Crisis Financial Controller and Syrian Crisis Logistic Officer
ABOUT PREMIERE URGENCE INTERNATIONALE(PUI)
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental international aid organization operating in more than 20 countries and relying on more than 30 years of experience in responding to the fundamental needs of crisis affected populations. Present in the Middle East since 1996, PUI conducts multi-sectorial humanitarian and resilience programming in Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine and Yemen. The Middle East Regional Office (MERO) provides technical support to the six country offices and represents the organization.
PUI’s actions are guided by principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, accountability, adaptability, transparency, cooperation and partnership, involvement, dialogue, initiative, and trust.
Under the supervision of the Syrian Crisis Desk Manager, s/he is responsible for providing the administrative and logistical support to the PUI Regional Office, and Yemen Mission and to ensure activities are running in an effective and efficient manner. S/he is also involved in security management to maintain safe environment and support in case of security incident.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS FOR THE MERO
1. Supports travels and administrative procedures for expatriate and national staff for the MERO/YEMEN offices in Jordan
- Collects relevant information on several visas processes necessary for expatriate travel across the region, contacting and visiting embassies, consulates, interviewing other INGOs
- Builds application files for visas and proceeds with the applications on line, through mails or visiting consulates and embassies to ensure timely acquisition of the visas
- Follows up on visas for expatriate team and applies for and obtains extensions on time
- Follows-up the procedure for all legal requirements for the international staff (Visa, work permit) and visitors with PUI Legal aid
- Manages the booking of air travel tickets for the professional movements of expatriate and national staff going in and out of Amman/Jordan
- Manages the booking of taxi services and cars for the professional movements of expatriate and national staff of MERO/Yemen mission
- Follows up visas of expatriate team and applies on time for extension
- Prepares and ensures the welcoming of each national or expatriate staff visiting the MERO/YEMEN (by liaising with the other mission and HQ to provide relevant information and confirmation, sending the welcome pack through email and with taxi drivers, sending keys of office and Guest House to the arriving staff, where requested and necessary
- Maintains the HR database and prepares pay slips and salary payment after validation from the Syrian Crisis Desk Manager
- Prepares and distributes per diem and cash envelops for expatriate and national staff for the MERO/Yemen mission
- Makes cash payments following PUI’s rules for all authorized expenditures in the MERO office
- Translates accounting documents where necessary
- Guarantees security of the cash and confidentiality of information
- Maintains regularly the cashbooks and finalizes on time the monthly accounting closure
- Manages cash transfers and withdrawals, under the supervision and validation of the Syrian Crisis Desk
- Manager and functional management of the Syrian Crisis Financial Controller
3. Logistical tasks for the MERO/YEMEN office in Jordan
- Assists in installing and securing materials in the MERO/Yemen/Jordan offices in Jordan and related guest houses
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining material
- Carries out regular physical inventories in MERO/Yemen/Jordan offices and guesthouses
- Checks regularly with MERO/Yemen/Jordan staffs the availability of all commodities, goods and equipment
- Ensures/Supervises the basic maintenance of premises (office and guesthouse) like little repairs where these are not covered in the lease agreements
- Ensures follow up with the MERO/Yemen mission’s phones, fleet and any IT equipment (allocation to a staff, maintenance, purchase, etc.)
- Carries out the procurement of goods/works/services (including finalizing purchase requests, purchase orders, comparative bid analysis, minutes of suppliers’ selection and goods received notes) and prepares related contracts, under the supervision of the Syrian Crisis Desk Manager and functional Management of the Syrian Crisis Logistic Officer
- Arranges for and ensures data back up by providing media and means to do so
4. Support liaison with the authorities for administrative and legal procedures regarding MERO/JORDAN registration in country
- S/he is in charge during the replacement of the focal point for the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoIT)
- In charge during the replacement of the focal point for Social security and Income Tax Department
- Liaises with PUI legal office to collect information or documents as instructed by the Syrian Crisis Desk Manager
5. Support security management in Jordan
- Collects, under supervision of the Syrian Crisis Desk Manager, available and relevant information about security context in Amman and the whole Jordan
- Informs and communicates regularly collected information to Syrian Crisis Desk Manager and contributes to security analysis as required
- Supports Syrian Crisis Desk Manager to manage security incidents in Jordan – in close coordination with Yemen HoM and Yemen Logistic Coordinator would this incident involve Yemen Mission staff.
Required Background, knowledge & Skills:
- Educational background in administration or a related field, Bachelor Degree is required.
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative function in an NGO.
- Excellent Command of Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Fluent in Arabic and English (speaking/reading/writing)
Required interpersonal skills:
- Commitment to PUI’s work policies and standards as well as to humanitarian values
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities, meet multiple competing deadlines, and work without constant supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Comfortable seeking guidance and clarification in a timely manner as needed to succeed in the role
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and at least 2 reference contacts to: [email protected] .Please state the job title “Administrative and Logistics Officer – your name” in the email subject line (applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered).
· Deadline for applications is 16th January 2021
· Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PUI strives to be an equal opportunities employer. PUI is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.