Position: WoS Admin/ Logistics Officer
Location: Amman – Jordan
Reports to: Senior Operations Officer
ABOUT RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
Under the direct supervision of the WoS Senior Operations Officer, the Admin/ logistics Officer will provide support in executing the full range of services to WoS team, Admin/ logistics officer will act as the point of contact for all employees (national & Internationals), providing administrative and logistical support and managing their queries. Main duties includes, travel arrangement and visas for staff, office supplies, managing office Assets and stock, preparing regular reports (e.g. Asset report, expenses and office budgets)
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and directs WoS visitors; by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions, and make sure to send RI welcome packages for new joining staff or visitors, ensure visit arrangement are in place.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Follow up on hotel bookings for WoS visitors in coordination with WOS country team
- Maintain efficient airport pick up and drop off arrangements for staff/visitors.
- Manage staff Visas, work permits, residence permit for WoS staff when needed.
- Act as a focal point for staff international movement between and make sure to update Erbil Guesthouse sheet as required.
- Maintain and update staff movement tracker with the support from safety and security team.
- Maintain Petty Cash for small purchases mainly related to office maintenance, service fees, meeting arrangements etc.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following net service providers’ instructions for mobile phone network.
- Coordinating premises and buildings and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, Make sure security equipment are available and in good condition for use. and following up the lease contracts.
- Any other duties as requested.
- Monitoring, tracking and maintaining office asset and equipment inventory. Controlling and tracking the Assets, updating the Asset tracking sheet and following up the asset transaction and maintaining the assignment form for the staff and generate monthly reports. **
- Supervise the fleet; follow up with the vehicle movement to ensure all movement are comply with RI regulations, control the vehicle maintenance and fuel consumption and to ensure the update of the Log book as standards, follow up the vehicle rent contract.
- Maintain regular reports for the office supplies and fleet management. Prepare fuel consumption and maintenance report on monthly basis.
- Handle office supplies procurement in coordination of procurement unit.
- Any other duties as requested.
- Supervise the cleaner and driver and ensure that they meet their responsibilities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to contribute to achieving results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- 2-3 years professional experience in the same field, INGO experience desirable.
- Good administration skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluent spoken and written English, Arabic.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of integrity, discretion, confidence, motivation, and resourcefulness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide systematic solutions in line with established policies/procedures.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references to [email protected] before October 29, 2020, stating in the subject “ WoS Admin/ Logistics Officer ”
Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of the applications